Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry .22lr Ammo

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  firemedic4 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

firemedic4

Picked up 1000 rounds of Federal .22lr for 90 bucks of off gunbroker.com. I’m happy!!!!

DCortez

I sure miss the good ole days (2009?) when a box of 550 was $14.95.

PhilTheBiker

Good ole days? How about pre-newtown 550 was only $20 and there was so much of it you could walk out a store with 5000 rounds easy. No days, you are lucky to find a box of 50!

Alonso1

The Academy Sporting & Outdoor stores are only rationing 22lr and 9mm. All the other calibers(including 223) are all back on the shelf and you can buy as much as you can afford.

I believe the 22lr will be back soon. When I instructed with Project Appleseed, the rifle of choice was the 22lr because you can work on marksmanship at 25m and the others reason was just about every home in America has a 22lr laying around. I think this ammo shortage proves the point about a 22lr being in just about every house. The DHS can buy up all the 223, 9mm, 40, and 45 by they have little, if any use for 22lr. It’s “We The People” snatching up all the 22lr.

Now that most the ammo is back, I’ve noticed a $2-$3 increase in the ammo prices. 12ga birdshot is about $1 more than normal but the Buckshot and slugs are at regular prices.

I’m thinking when the 2lr comes back it will be a few bucks more.

Firemedic4, I would have done the same thing as you. If I didn’t have any 22lr, I’d pay more just to have some on hand.

PhilTheBiker

I’d be happy if it stays under $25 for 550 round box.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Since the panic for .22lr I’ve only been able to grab a few 50rd boxes for 3.99 or so at academy.

PhilTheBiker

Since the panic I purchased one 500 round box for $40, that was about 2 months ago. I probably have just under 1,000 rounds, so I just don’t shoot as much.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Yeah 1k rounds of .22 really isn’t much brag about and without going to do inventory I might have little less than 2k and most of that is from 2 1/2 boxes of the remmington 525 packs I got for $20 from gander before the panic. Normally when we’d go to the range the wife alone would shoot thru a whole 525 pack.

otis302

Since I got back into the rim fire I have bought all kinds of ammo as in what I can find and I feel since there was a glut there is a lot of crap out there even from the top companies what I have settled on mostly is American Eagle either 38 gr HP or the 40 gr and Remington Viper Hyper velocity I bought a couple of boxes of Remington target and had 3 FTF and 2 stove pipe in 50 rds and my Ruger TD was as clean as a whistle, as always in my AR its what your weapon likes how ever I feel its not as critical in rim fire[ATTACH=CONFIG]2653[/ATTACH]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.