A Pillow for Good Sleep (for me anyways)

Home Forums Gear & Equipment A Pillow for Good Sleep (for me anyways)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JulioTheSavage 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

I don’t know if I would consider this survival gear but a good pillow will help you get some good sleep. Anyone who’s spent some time on the hard ground with just a sleeping pad will appreciate a good pillow, especially as we age. I used to just roll up some extra clothing but a pillow is so much better. I’ve currently been using a Thermarest compressible pillow. It’s light weight and doesn’t take up much space in my pack. Decent little pillow made in the USA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2528[/ATTACH]

Andrew

alwayscross

I carry a towel around to use as a pillow(Just fold it up and its like a pillow), its not as good but its still very comfortable. It also has multiple uses, its very thick but very light.

PhilTheBiker

I slept in a camper for a ham radio event, I forgot my pillow. Worst sleep I have had in a long time for me, then again I had rolled up my levi jeans, put a short around them and used that has a pillow. I have a small pillow that expand that I have with my sleeping bag that I take with me. It also fits into my camelbak should I need it.

Normally I sleep with two pillows. A traditional pillow that is firm and almost flat 🙂 and a non-traditional foam type pillow. Crazy, I’ll go for weeks with one pillow then switch to the other pillow because I can’t get comfortable.

Andrew

Memory Foam Pillow is the way to go.

otis302

Very good subject after the first time forgetting one I rolled my shirt up around my boots, we walk around with our head straight up and unless you sleep on your back a pillow of some sort is mandatory with out a decent nights sleep I am only half as good in my tasks, to save room and weight I use a inflateable one, it was a Coleman untill it separated at the seam which brings me to this I always bought Coleman products but I had a sleeping pad which was like sleeping on rocks and now the pillow I will not buy any thing from them I think its because there products are made in Mexico now a real shame I still have and use my stove that I got 30 yrs ago.

Andrew

otis, so what do you use as a pillow now?

otis302

I have the Intex inflateable pillow saves space and weight I also have there twin air mattress which worked very well last year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.