Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry AK or AR.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 56 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Armadillofz1 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author

scottishhog

I personally prefer Arkansas to Alaska. Arkansas has 4 seasons, natural beauty, and better looking women. Alaska is soooo far away, you have 2 seasons – day and night.

PhilTheBiker

@scottishhog 5604 wrote:

I personally prefer Arkansas to Alaska. Arkansas has 4 seasons, natural beauty, and better looking women. Alaska is soooo far away, you have 2 seasons – day and night.

So which weapon would you take with you to Arkansas? πŸ˜€

Andrew

JulioTheSavage

AR all the way but I’m a little biased since I was in Marine Corp πŸ™‚

BLoodlust

I prefer an AK … but if we are talking about a complete breakdown SHTF situation, then ammunition comes into play, and .223 and 5.56 are going to be much more readily available (assuming you are in the U.S of course).

So I gotta go with an AR for that reason alone

Stocker
    Participant

Oh boy, this one really has me torn both ways. I have 2 AKs at home with an AR on order that I’ll get once I return to AK. Get it? Anyway, I think it kind of depends on where you plan on doing the fighting or setting up base if you will. You put me in the city or suburbs then yes give me the 7.62. Fights in the city ofcourse will not be at long distances and you will need that heavier round to put your target down on it’s ass. Out in the wilderness, no brainer here. The AR will prevail with it’s long range accuracy. Also ponder this, if we are talking about a time when hospitals and clinics are no more then it won’t matter if you actually kill your target with the first shot. At this point in time, meerly hitting your target will be enough to deter them from engaging or aggressing you. Your terrain will always determine how you fight and how you use it will determine if you win or lose. So with that being said, I’m carrying both Damn It!

JulioTheSavage

@bloodlust 6247 wrote:

I prefer an AK … but if we are talking about a complete breakdown SHTF situation, then ammunition comes into play, and .223 and 5.56 are going to be much more readily available (assuming you are in the U.S of course).

So I gotta go with an AR for that reason alone

Also the parts are much more available. AR parts are everywhere.

Andrew

I agree that in the US there is a higher likelihood you will be able to acquire 5.56 then 7.62.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 6266 wrote:

I agree that in the US there is a higher likelihood you will be able to acquire 5.56 then 7.62.

And if your rifle is good to go with 5.56 your also good to go with 223, so in theory you should be fine finding ammo.

Hawk246

Both. Depending on your mission. AK47 is easier to clean, not as much maitance needed, larger round. accuracy not as good but if something or someone is 400 meters out I would most likely let it live anyway. Again, mission dictates which one I would want. I own a AK47 right now. Working on getting an AR. Im currently in the service and the M4 is a great weapon. Accuracy is far better, 5.56 is a deadly round aganist the right target.. I like options. Both will be in my arms room.

NCRick

I go AR based solely on the look of it. I do not like the look of the AK and we all know that the gun you carry is a fashion statement.. But really, the lighter rounds help, and who is going to take their $1000+ investment/means of protection and bury it in the sand and mud and not wrap it in plastic or a case and hope to come back and find it intact and in working order.

JulioTheSavage

The American icon, AR 15 losing to the Bad Guy AK that’s blasphemy! We need to fix this poll. LOL

pelon9mm

AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every mother[Bleep] in the room; accept no substitutes.

Stocker
    Participant

So let’s watch the language, yes?

otis302

I liked my Saiga but with the same optics exact same target situation same place I have never shot tighter groups as I have with my AR.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.