Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry AK or AR.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 56 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Armadillofz1 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

ICF_Hooligan

@stocker 9245 wrote:

So let’s watch the language, yes?

net speak, ah the spice of life huh? lol

PhilTheBiker

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

JulioTheSavage

I love the ham sandwich πŸ˜€

Andrew

I have the AK. If prices ever go down I will add an AR.

gpu_

Love the videos!

I like em both. Gotta go with the AR though. Especially today when ammo is either rediculously expensive or hard to find it for any caliber. I have components to keep me going for a while with the AR. I’ve got a fair amount of x39 set back, but I’m not going to shoot it up since there is no telling when I’ll be able to replace it. It’s all either steel cased or Brendan primed so I won’t be reloading for it either.

Another downside on feeding the AK is that we are only one short decree from the King and all that affordable foreign surplus will be unavailable. There aren’t many companies that I’m aware of that produce it domestically right now. Might change in the future, but who knows.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Went to the range yesterday and there was more AR15’s at the range than I’ve ever seen. Typically at my range even on the more crowded days I’m the only one on the range shooting an AR.

Andrew

@juliothesavage 11010 wrote:

I love the ham sandwich πŸ˜€

“Dangit I dropped my ham sandwich in my AK again! No matter. An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.”

PhilTheBiker

@teknabuzz 11241 wrote:

Went to the range yesterday and there was more AR15’s at the range than I’ve ever seen. Typically at my range even on the more crowded days I’m the only one on the range shooting an AR.

What I’m more impressed with is that they have ammo to spare to practice with.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@philthebiker 11258 wrote:

What I’m more impressed with is that they have ammo to spare to practice with.

I brought with me 7 fully loaded mags, I loaded up at home cause I wanted to try out the Wolf Steel cased ammo I got. The way I loaded was 1 brass Remington and 4 wolf continuously and I didn’t have any issues. But when I pulled those 7 fully loaded mags out of range bag and laid them out on the bench I could feel the eyes of others starring at my mags. We was at the range for about 4 hours or so and seen many people come & go with short shooting sessions. I was able to buy 2 20 round boxes of 5.56 (PMC XTAC & Independce) and 1 50 rd of American Eagle 9mm that I went home with.

shottist

Where in the USA do you live that your rifle is going to get buried in sand, hmm? unless you fit it with a custom safety, the AK is pathetically slow to get from safe to fire. The .22 conversion unit for the .30 AK sucks, because you need a barrel sleeve, and you have to be very consistent with how you install that sleeve, or your POI changes. there aint a single rd of AK ammo in our military and NG armories, nor any spare parts or mags. You won’t be hitting any dangerous enemies at anything like 600 yds, with any rifle, much less with an iron sighted AR. 400 yds, maybe, if they are stupid enough to just stand there, fully erect. Ditto 200 yds with the AK. but if they have any sense, they’ll wait until dark, and you will mostly miss them at a mere 50 yds, if they know to dodge, go prone and roll, use cover, etc. So the Ar’s “range advantage’ is mostly bs. The recoil diff is similarly bs. With softpoints, the 223 has plenty of stopping power. In fact, it has more stopping power than the .30 AK with ball ammo. This is easily proven,by hitting some animals with each of tose two loads.
    The loaded, aluminum, 30 rd mag for the AR weighs 1 lb. the steel, 30 rd .30 AK mag, loaded, weighs 2 1/4 lbs. So you won’t be carrying more than 3-4 such mags, along with all the rest of the survival gear needed.

The ammo for either weapon will be easy to find. I go with AR simply because I have Helen shot at so many times with the AK I don’t really care to see them, I even caught a ricochet once, it sucked. My longest kill shot to date is with an m-16 at 600 meters, so smaller caliber means be a better shot. Rounds aren’t for spraying or we would be talking m-249, m-60, m-240(series). Make your shots count. I have not personally seen an ak be near as accurate as an AR. My AR has a 500 yard bdc scope, out to 5 I’m good if I want to hit it further I grab my Remington 700 sps tactical, I carry both in the same bag

Andrew

I just cleaned both an AR and an AK this evening. The AR is definitely much more of a PITA to clean. It took twice the time.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.