This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  azurevirus 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

azurevirus

My kind of guns for a shtf or teowawki event ..I tend to lean toward short powerful guns..that shoot alot of rounds ..my gun picks are based on a worse case scenario..(me slogging through the woods with backpack etc) AK’s I like more than AR’s and Ive had both….aint saying one is better than the other but I felt more confident with the AK47..I think a neat addition for cqc would be maybe a Draco pistol..not the mini one but the Draco for the above mentioned reasons..I prefer the short wooden stocked ak’s myself and it would be simple to add a metal stock to the Draco if need be..my question is do any of you own a Draco?….I heard they werent too good do to the plastic thingy (I cant recall the name of the part at this moment and the lenght of the gas tube makes it suffer too) any owner opinions ?

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I’m curious to learn more about them too, like are you looking at the same reliability you would get out of a AK rifle and what all parts are interchangeable?

Alonso1

I know I’ve posted that my SHTF rifle was a lightweight AR but I like AK’s too. Just a couple of months ago I had a friend build me an underfolder. I picked a Romanian front end because I wanted a chrome lined barrel and a Polish back end because of all the folding stocks, the Polish stock is higher than all the others and it helps with getting a check weld.

My friend who built my AK is a serious AK guy. He knows more about that system than anyone I know. I’ll try and get him registered here and maybe he can school us on the Draco.

My AK cool rifle and I enjoy shooting it. I guess I should learn how to post pictures because I’ve heard on other forums, ” If there is no pic, then it’s not true”.

azurevirus

Alonso1..post all the pics you want..love to see them..I dont have a scanner or cam to post pics online nor do I intend on buying any of the equipment required to do so..actually I try not to buy much if I cant connect it to preps or survival..even the 8-10 dvd;s or books I buy a yr have the same theme..as far as my guns go..I shoot one 22 semi auto about 3 times a yr,,fire a couple mags thru it and clean it and in the cabinet it goes..I literally have guns in my cabinet I bought yrs ago and never put a round thru them..reasons being mostly the neighbors and the cost of ammo..looking forward to some pics !!

azurevirus

I did manage to stop by the newest gun shop in town..(Urban Legends..what kind of name is that?)..they probably have less than 35 guns totalled..alot of them were used and on (consignment crap)..only decent gun was a DPMS Panther with collapsable stock for 850.00..they also had a semi auto pistol grip/full stock 12 ga looked pretty good but looked cheap at the same time..made by American..(something) for 259.00..oh yeah, they had I think it was a Mossy? lever action 30-30..(that was the neatest gun to me)..my review is since the interior of the shop wasnt finished, nothing on the wall but for two banners no paint even..lack of number of guns..lack of cool guns..no ammo..I think they opened too soon, they should have tripled their inventory first..(the pawn shop has way more guns) could of opened a gunshop like this in their basement and saved rent..I was desperately trying to find a gun to buy in there today.. no go..but I wish them the best.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

LOL @ Urban Legends, does sound like a odd name for a gun store.

Alonso,

This link might help you in adding pictures or other attachments to your post:
    http://www.zombielyptic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

Alonso1

Thanks for the link TBuzz

Here she is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Beautiful rifle Alonso! Question when you have the butt folded can you still aim down the sights?

Alonso1

@ TBuzz
    Yes you can line up the sights but I’ve never tried to fire it that way. I imagine the recoil would have you all over the place. I tell you what, I go out to the range in a week or so and giveit a try. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I wanted the underfolder because they look cool and they are so compact. This rifle makes a great truck/car gun. It’s small and I can take it just about anywhere.

Stocker
    Participant

Here’s my other AK although its a Mak 91. Milled reciever gets a little heavy.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]568[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

While I dont have an AK I have shot them. Great rifle. I actually just sold my sks and used those funds to pick up some various parts for a new rifle. I’ll post pics at some point.

Stocker
    Participant

Just lastnight I bought a quad rail system for my Saiga 7.62. Wife says I’m spending more money deployed then when I’m home, but it’s for gun parts what’s the big deal? Anyway, here’s a picture from someone elses rifle after the modification. Should look and feel pretty nice once I get my hands on it. Later
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]632[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

Looks nice, i’d be thrilled to have something like that 🙂

Andrew

I am looking at purchasing an AK in the next month or so. I read this article at Cheaper than Dirt and decided to stay away from the Century Arms and other cheaper brands but I am still not wanting to spend over $900 to include the transfer fees. I have looked at gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com but am hesitant to buy a used one since I know so little about AKs.
    I don’t really care how accurate the AK is I just want the sight to work and it not to break.

Andrew
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.