This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  azurevirus 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

azurevirus

Andrew, I like it..looks sort of like a Krinkov…..I had a Draco but sold that along with most all my guns, I was thinking about getting a mini Draco but just dont want guns tied to me anymore because I figure Obama will in a heartbeat take them if he can …but my point is I have dealt with Buds before and it took four times as long to get the gun (almost a month) where with places like J&G took about a wk before my FFL recieved them..to me the above gun you pictured is ideal as a bug out gun to me..short and lightweight..easy to carry,and with the 40 rd mag to me is a complete package

Andrew

I am looking at acquiring an AR-10 and a full size AK before I purchase other rifle caliber weapons. I just thought that there was a use case for the mini AK and thought others would find it interesting.

Andrew

I am considering purchasing this AK. Most likely will unless someone else buys it first or someone more knowledgeable shares a reason I would not purchase it. I am hoping folks here will have opinions and/or insight.

From seller:

150 RDS THREW IT, I ADDED THE 6 POSITION TAPCO STOCK AND UTG TACTICAL LIGHT WITH PRESSURE SWITCH . I WILL INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU SEE PLUS 100 RDS OF AMMO TO GET YOU STARTED . ALSO THE CASE IS NOT A CHEAP TACTICAL CASE , VERY GOOD ONE . HERE ARE THE SPECS.

Imported by M+M Inc. directly from Romania. These M10 AK-type Rifles are entirely manufactured from NEW parts.

They feature cold hammer forged, chrome-lined 1:10 twist barrels for long lasting durability and increased accuracy with four lands and grooves; windage adjustable RPK-style rear sights graduated to 1000 meters in 100 meter increments, adjustable iron front sight, fully CNC machined steel scope mounting rails, heat-treated, stamped receiver to military specifications, light-weight M+M aluminum quad rails with removable rubber quad rail covers.

These rifles meet ATF’s minimum 922R, six U.S. made parts compliancy requirements with the following, brand NEW, U.S. made parts installed: M+M muzzle brake with integral flash hider; ergonomic Hogue Industries pistol grip; Tapco single hook G2 trigger group (3 parts); and Tapco AK retaining plate for ease of install and take down.

* Overall Length: 36″
    * Barrel: NEW Chrome-lined, 16.25″ long, 1:10 twist rate with four lands and grooves, right hand twist
    * Weight: Unloaded w/out Bayonet: 6 lbs
    * Action Type: Semi-automatic
    * Caliber: 7.62x39mm
    * Magazine: 30 round, double stack
    * Rear Sight Type: RPK type sight graduated to 1000 meters in 100 meter increments.

$775

[ATTACH=CONFIG]830[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

First, that looks like a nice rifle.

In gun shows in PA, MD, and VA I’ve seen sme really nice Romanian rifles for under $500. Anyway, I don’t think you can go wrong with this purchase. The rifle is probably VERY accurate.

Andrew

Maybe I need to start going to guns hows. I never see AKs with a picatiny rail and adjustable stock a and these other items for under $800. I guess I need shopping help.

PhilTheBiker

I’ve seen adjustable stocks on a lot of AKs at gun shows, but not many with rail systems. Im sure rail systems can’t be that expensive.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

If it was me, I’d buy a quality AK without all the bells and whistles and add accessories yourself. When purchasing and adding firearm accessories you’re sometimes going to realize that certain things aren’t practical while other thing you like and will want improve the said accessory with better design. You’ll then be left with accessories that are not equipped on your rifle but as a lover of firearms there is a good chance you might eventually purchase another model and then you’ll already have some accessories to add to it if you so desire.

People who have a love for guns and start to buy them generally never stop and I imagine you’re going to be the same way.

PhilTheBiker

Quality is very apparent on AKs. See how ruff the edges are where the various holes are cut. I’ve heard that some of the low quality AKs have edges will cut your hands easy and have parts that move like they are rubbing on sand paper. Check the mag well. The Romainian AKs are New In The Box at those gun shows. No clue on the quality but they seems to be at all of the dealers and from what I’ve seen they are good rifles.

PhilTheBiker

Speaking of.. just saw this come through my rss reader.
    http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/12/02/i-o-ak-yugo-magazines/

Andrew

@philthebiker 9040 wrote:

Speaking of.. just saw this come through my rss reader.
    http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/12/02/i-o-ak-yugo-magazines/

Phil, that was a good write up on the site you provided. That site actually has quite a few good write ups. Thanks.

Andrew

My latest acquisition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]834[/ATTACH]

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 9089 wrote:

My latest acquisition.

I’m not a fan of the way an AK looks but that is a good looking AK.

PhilTheBiker

Sweet! Looks like a great rifle, i’m sure you’ll enjoy it a lot!

My only suggestion.. GET TO THE RANGE and then show us some shot group pics!

Then load up on some HP ammo for home defense (not that FMJ wouldn’t hurt like hell to get hit by).

Stocker
    Participant

Nice Ak, is the front site post complete? From the pic it looks like the adjustment pin is missing. In any case, great looking rifle. I don’t suppose it has a side mount does it?

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Nice looking AK you got there Andrew!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.