This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  azurevirus 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Andrew

@juliothesavage 9091 wrote:

I’m not a fan of the way an AK looks but that is a good looking AK.

Good thing I don’t buy guns for decorations 🙂 Pretty just draws attention.

Sinjjin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]899[/ATTACH]

irondog068

I bought an AK that looks is likes Andrews which looks like a M+M M10. The only thing I do not have is the foregrip and flashlight. Instead I have a Magpul angled foregrip and a Vortex Strikefire red dot. Shoots straighter than me. But have not had a chance to have it out to longer ranges. Marango Guns in Illinois has it for just under $700.00. It started life a a Romanian AKM built in 2013.
    The main diffrence between the AKM is the AKM (M stands for modernized) is thinner barrel, different bolt carrier (can interchange with AK47 bolt carrier), lighter wood stock (if it had one), thinner dust cover with strengthening ridges (some AKMs do not), Thinner stamped receiver but made of better metal, and a optics mount on the side of the receiver. There were complaints of early Waser 10 AKs being of poor finish and fit. This is a different beast and is great weapon. Some people do not like the finish of this AK but I think it’s fine. Plus i cannot decide if I want to duracoat it, because I can’t make up my mind. If you look into the M+M AK the two things I would tell people is 1) get a foregrip. the Aluminium quad rail is a great heat sink. and 2) if you but the Tapco waffle magazines you may have to sand the sides to make the fit easier. I did not have a problem with that. 5 minutes work to get a 30 round mag to work that I got for $10.00? done.

Andrew

@irondog068 16983 wrote:

I bought an AK that looks is likes Andrews which looks like a M+M M10. The only thing I do not have is the foregrip and flashlight. Instead I have a Magpul angled foregrip and a Vortex Strikefire red dot. Shoots straighter than me. But have not had a chance to have it out to longer ranges. Marango Guns in Illinois has it for just under $700.00. It started life a a Romanian AKM built in 2013.
    The main diffrence between the AKM is the AKM (M stands for modernized) is thinner barrel, different bolt carrier (can interchange with AK47 bolt carrier), lighter wood stock (if it had one), thinner dust cover with strengthening ridges (some AKMs do not), Thinner stamped receiver but made of better metal, and a optics mount on the side of the receiver. There were complaints of early Waser 10 AKs being of poor finish and fit. This is a different beast and is great weapon. Some people do not like the finish of this AK but I think it’s fine. Plus i cannot decide if I want to duracoat it, because I can’t make up my mind. If you look into the M+M AK the two things I would tell people is 1) get a foregrip. the Aluminium quad rail is a great heat sink. and 2) if you but the Tapco waffle magazines you may have to sand the sides to make the fit easier. I did not have a problem with that. 5 minutes work to get a 30 round mag to work that I got for $10.00? done.

I ended up trading my M+M M10 or an AR pistol. I like the AK platform but do not care for the accessory rail and all the other modern stuff. I am actually looking for a Zastava M70 with wood furniture. I found one about a month ago for around $450 but failed to pick one up before the price went up.

Looked similar to the one below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1981[/ATTACH]

irondog068

I am in the other AK camp, I like the modern look like the Spentanz AKs. The front quad is really a UTG rail. I had to locktite the top screws. If it gives me a hassle I will upgrade to a Midwest quad rail. M+M 10 also makes a traditional AK if you like there product.

Andrew

@irondog068 17025 wrote:

I am in the other AK camp, I like the modern look like the Spentanz AKs. The front quad is really a UTG rail. I had to locktite the top screws. If it gives me a hassle I will upgrade to a Midwest quad rail. M+M 10 also makes a traditional AK if you like there product.

I did notice that getting rails for the AK is cheap. I was able to find for end rails for about $35. If I get wood furniture I can always upgrade cheaply.

I was not a fan of the M+M. The Zastava AKs get great reviews though.

irondog068

The place I bought it from gave me a FD discount and I walked out the door for $630. I could not pass it up plus the reviews were good. I wouldn’t mind getting a Russian AK but cannot afford it. I still need a shotgun and my CCW gun

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Andrew

@irondog068 17039 wrote:

The place I bought it from gave me a FD discount and I walked out the door for $630. I could not pass it up plus the reviews were good. I wouldn’t mind getting a Russian AK but cannot afford it. I still need a shotgun and my CCW gun

So the one you bought is an M+M?

irondog068

Yes runs great.

Andrew

That’s awesome. $630 is a good deal also.

irondog068

The only thing I added was a magpul fore grip and a Vortex Strikefire red dot. I am on the fence about getting the AK optic mount in the hope that the optic is high enough to use the AK iron sights as back up

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@irondog068 17087 wrote:

The only thing I added was a magpul fore grip and a Vortex Strikefire red dot. I am on the fence about getting the AK optic mount in the hope that the optic is high enough to use the AK iron sights as back up

From what I’ve read it’s possible to get a co-witness red dot sight for the AK but a lot of people don’t like it because the style of the AK iron sights take up a lot more field of view. Or was looking for a mount to go above the sights in which the iron sights are not within the FOV?

irondog068

The second reason is the reason I was thinking of using the AMMUNITION optic mount on the side of my gun. I would look under my red dot to use it. I would like to see if it works before I drop $100+ on a quality true AK style optic mount

Andrew

Since we are talking AKs I just bought the Zastava M70 N-PAP AK-47 ver2 from firearms4U. Did a lot of research and I am excited to have a full size AK again and excited about the price. $538 no shipping or handling.

[IMG]http://www.firearms4u.com/images/product/image.php?id=83742[/IMG]

Good comparison video between the Zastava M70 N-PAP and the WASR10 here:

Andrew

Apparentlly only 1 video per post is allowed:

Comparison between the Zastava M70 N-PAP and the O-PAP here:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.