American Sniper

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic American Sniper

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PhilTheBiker PhilTheBiker 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PhilTheBiker
    PhilTheBiker

I don’t go to the theater often, but this one was worth the $6.50! It was everything I expected it to be and more.

I’m sure because of the success (The theater was absolutely PACKED) they’ll take the book “Marine Sniper: 93 confirmed kills” and turn it into a movie next.

Profile photo of DCortez
    DCortez

Set a record.

Update, 8:12AM: Sunday: (final update 9:40am) Warner Bros. is reporting that American Sniper is set to post a Friday-through-Sunday of $90.2M with a cume to date of $93.6M. By tomorrow, with the MLK holiday, the Village Roadshow co-prod cume is looking to post a four-day of $105.2M and an overall cume of $108.6M. Unheard of for any wide release at this time of year. What record did the movie American Sniper NOT break?

http://deadline.com/2015/01/weekend-box-office-american-sniper-kevin-hart-the-wedding-ringer-paddington-blackhat-martin-luther-king-jr-1201349929/

PhilTheBiker

Why not? Because Clint Eastwood was the director. He hasn’t always been the best director.

Profile photo of DCortez
    DCortez

The lunatics are out. Michael Moore and Seth Rogen, two low to no talent hacks, are busy putting their foots in their mouths.

I think we’ll also skip Taken 3 (Laim Neeson) and go see Ameican Sniper, twice.

Profile photo of DCortez
    DCortez

Here’s Neeson:

“First off, my thoughts and prayers and my heart are with the deceased, and certainly with all of France, yesterday. I’ve got a lot of dear friends in Paris,” Neeson said during an interview in Dubai this week. “There’s too many fucking guns out there. Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a fucking disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.'”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/14/liam-neeson-america-guns_n_6472266.html

PhilTheBiker

Yeah.
    because the GUNs in AMERICA are the real problem. Has anyone seen a picture of an AMERICAN in the newspaper WITHOUT a gun? You bet.

Has anyone seen a picture of an ISIS asshole without a gun? No.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2726[/ATTACH]

isis.jpg

Profile photo of TeknaBuzz
    TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Want to see it had a early rain out and was going to go watch it but it was sold out so I watched Taken 3 instead which was pretty good. I normally don’t do the movies either but been working so much wanted to feel like I was doing something other than working or sleeping.

Profile photo of DCortez
    DCortez

Also rained out today so I took the family to see it. Good movie, early show was only $6.50 a head.

Afterwards, we went to the new Gino’s East over in The Woodlands. Not as good as what we get in Chicago, but decent.

Profile photo of firemedic4
    firemedic4

Gonna take the girlfriend to see it this weekend, her idea!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.