Anybody Here Hunters?

Home Forums Survival Skills Anybody Here Hunters?

This topic contains 56 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Can’t use semi-auto rifles here in PA. Silly law.

PhilTheBiker

Yeah, no semi’s for any type of hunting. Although I’ve popped a few Raccoons trying to eat my chickens using my 10/22.

Andrew

It’s really to bad we can’t use Semi-Autos here. I am very conformable with the AR platform and I would love to use my AR 10 this year. Oh well.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I’ll stick to bolt action 30-06 for deer season but I’ve used that 62 gr Hog Hammer ammo in my AR to kill some hogs. It stinks yall can’t use semi-auto rifles we can even used suppressors for hunting. Last year there was man on the lease that just recently had shoulder surgery that was using some big cannon of a scoped pistol to hunt with but I’m not sure how well it worked out for him.

otis302

I used a REM. 710 -06 for yrs the thing being I rarely ever had shots longer then 125 yds or so, I figure if it can kill a 200+ lb man at 200 or so yds I am am confident at the range I will be shooting

PhilTheBiker

I enjoyed using my 30-06 Savage Axis rifle this last season.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Went to the woods today to set up my other stand location. Don’t got another stand yet but I went ahead and claimed this spot and got my feeder up. It took some strategic navigating and maneuvering but I was able to get my truck in between the long row of pines without knocking my mirrors off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2444[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2445[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2448[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2450[/ATTACH]

DCortez

The deer have been out this past week, all over the roads, all over the fields. Was walking one of my trails and came with 20 yards of one. We looked at each other for a few seconds and I turned around and went back. Oddly, he didn’t run off.

mage2

As stated in other threads,
    I am a hunter, mostly whitetail deer. This last year i took a few rabbits, more to start teaching my oldest how to deal with it, few more and ill have enough in the freezer to make some stew.
    I am looking forward to this season, need to drop the hammer on some venison.

Last season I went out in the field 3 times during that polar vortex insanity. Came home with one cull buck (long spike with a gimp leg, bad genitics), a fat doe and a coyote. So I was over all happy with the outcome.
    This season I am going to try out the archery early season and looking to fill some tags.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Went to the woods today and did some manual labor with the trust ole Gerber Gator machete.

Before:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2511[/ATTACH]
    After:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2512[/ATTACH]

mage2

I am looking forward to this season. I just went out to the hunting land weekend before last and put new batteries in the game camera, filled the feeder.
    I got 4500 pics in 3 months, birds, wind, fat raccoon, turkey. Along with at least 4 doe, a fawn a 6 pt and a 8pt buck still in velvet and my buddy the huge bobcat.
    But no hogs, still puzzled about that.
    Archery season is right around the corner, really need to get out and tune up the bow.
    When i go back out i am putting down a food plot.

Last season this land treated me well, we will see how my luck does this year.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I didn’t get to check game cameras like I had hoped last weekend so maybe this Sunday I will go.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.