AR 15 Triggers

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry AR 15 Triggers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  otis302 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

otis302

I have been considering changing my fireing group I polished the stock one and could not tell the difference so I bought a ALG Defense QMS = quality mil spec single stage trigger it was tuned by Geissele actualy Geissele wife runs ALG Defense and it was better and at $45.00 I was pleased but the more I see the Geissele 3 super gun the more I would like to try it. I saw youtube vids on it and at $230.00 I wish I could fire it first, a single stage 3LB with very little reset which makes it capable of bursts.

Andrew

That is alot of money fro a trigger. I think many of you folks on here are sharpshooters though and may actually be able to see benefits from these super tuned weapons. I am content with my rugged and functional guns. I will likely not be a sniper with most of them but that just means I will have to find a sniper to perform overwatch or I will have to take 2 shots where the sharpshooter would take only one.

I am interested to hear about your journey to purchasing a new trigger group, why you end up selecting the one you select and then hearing how you end up liking your selection. I love to learn even if it is unlikelly I will purchase these match grade parts.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Good topic,

I’d love an AR trigger that has smoother reset and more crisp break but that I know of (admittedly haven’t really looked into it much) the quality highly positive reviews I’ve seen for trigger groups are light weight. Light weight triggers might be cool for 3 gun matches but I’m not sure about having 3lb trigger on a rifle I sling across my back run through the woods with and transition from across the back to low ready while wearing other tactical gear too.

I got my Ruger American 30-06 hunting rifle somewhere around 3lbs of trigger pull and that is extremely sensitive to me.

I believe a normal mil spec AR15 trigger has around 7-8lbs of trigger pull.

Another concern with the fancy AR triggers is I don’t know how much effect the enhanced user friendliness would have on its resistance to dirt & grim. Are you making a sacrifice with these?

otis302

I think so Tek it was like when I changed my 6lb glock trigger connector for a 3.5 it went off several times before I was ready to fire I actually consider all my fire has been off a bench and not trudgeing along and have to or be forced to fire hence my statement to try it the allure of bursts is what motivates me. And you know the Armalite Platform I just enjoy changing trying all the different parts and what does not work or I do not like I will sell and take that jing and use it for something else. Also I see what you are asking there are as resistance is the same as a mil-spec. Not to beat a dead horse but ALG Defense offers the 2 the QMS has abot 6lbs and there combat for $65.00Description: The ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT) is designed for those shooters where tradition, value and regulatory concerns are of primary importance. The pull of the ACT is very similar to a standard mil-spec trigger, however it is sharper and the grittiness of the stock trigger pull has been removed while the traditional reliability of a stock trigger remains. The pull weight is not lower than the M4/M16 minimum weight specification of 5.5lbs.

Qty
    Add to Cart
    Item Number: 05-199

Availability: In stock

Note: HardLubing is ALG’s term for electroless Nickel plating with an integral modifier to the base nickel plate. Either Boron or Teflon is used to enhance surface hardness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance and also create favorable tribological properties of the trigger components. Testing has shown that differential coating of the trigger parts contributes to the sharpness of the ACT’s single stage pull. The trigger component is plated with Nickel-Boron which has a high surface hardness combined with excellent wear resistance. The color is a pleasing matte light grey that may be painted on non-functional surfaces if the shooter so desires (such as the trigger bow that is visible outside the lower receiver). The hammer, disconnector and trigger/hammer pins are plated with Nickel-Teflon which combines a low coefficient of friction with good wear resistance. The Teflon impregnation colors the metal a mottled, greyish/green. Parts coated with Nickel-Teflon cannot be painted. Both coatings are highly corrosion resistant eliminating the oil seal of traditional phosphated firearm components.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.