Home Forums Gear & Equipment Bates boots

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  otis302 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

otis302

I just got a pair of Bates gx-8 Gore-Tex side zip water proof boots at Academy Sports for $109.00 learned not to skimp on foot ware many gears ago[ATTACH=CONFIG]2075[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

Those look like some good boots! Let me know how they work out for you!

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Fairly sure Bate’s boots are relatively common footwear with first responders. These days my tactical boots are the pair of Justin’s pull on composite toed that I work in. Once upon a time I couldn’t wait to get out of my boots and into my tennis shoes but these days I don’t like to go anywhere without wearing my work boots, it’s like my feet feel vulnerable without them.

DCortez

Same here, Tek, I wear my Justin work boots 99.9% of the time, work or play.

Andrew

@otis302 17563 wrote:

…….. learned not to skimp on foot ware many gears ago

Smart Man.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@dcortez 17568 wrote:

Same here, Tek, I wear my Justin work boots 99.9% of the time, work or play.

From here on out Justin’s will be the only thing I buy for work and I’ve tried many in the $120-$160 price range over the years.

otis302

This is my second pair of Bates I am on my feet almost all day and walk 2 to 3 miles on duty when I was building houses I wore Red Wing and just like you guys where them every where a little polish and there my dress boots or out in the woods like having two for one also the Marines and Army use Bates as well as other brands

otis302

Well after over a week I stepped in a puddle near the shop about 4 inches deep and my right foot immediately was soaked pissed dont cover it. right where the upper meets the lower the sole there was a 1 inch separation cold not see it but after further review I could put my finger through to my sock same thing happend to my old Bates but I figured 3 yrs old it happens.Pissed wet foot and all. So I am thinking 511 or red wing or any other somebitch that will keep the water out.

Andrew

@otis302 17656 wrote:

Well after over a week I stepped in a puddle near the shop about 4 inches deep and my right foot immediately was soaked pissed dont cover it. right where the upper meets the lower the sole there was a 1 inch separation cold not see it but after further review I could put my finger through to my sock same thing happend to my old Bates but I figured 3 yrs old it happens.Pissed wet foot and all. So I am thinking 511 or red wing or any other some bitch that will keep the water out

That really sucks. I hate wet feet.

My latest pair of bools are bellvilles and I love them.

ICF_Hooligan

i wear Bates steel toes all day long

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.