BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

This topic contains 61 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Moved to article found here: http://survivalcrusader.com/zombie-destruction-run-gun/

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  TeknaBuzz.

firemedic4

I would love to shoot a course like that!!!!

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Alonso’s got all the good pictures but I did manage to take a few pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1089[/ATTACH]
    This what the barrel of my AR looked like after the run.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1090[/ATTACH]
    Visible dirt & grim in my glock.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1091[/ATTACH]
    The inside of my glock 19 mag well. I was dropping mags in the dirt during mag changes and I somewhat low crawled through one of the obstacles. After all that each time I slapped a new mag in I could hear crunch from all the dirt & debris. Despite all that, I didn’t have 1 malfunction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1092[/ATTACH]
    Alonso giving the briefing going over the course right before the run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1093[/ATTACH]
    The participants gathered around for the briefing.

Below is random participants making their way towards station 1. Some walked and others ran:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1096[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1097[/ATTACH]

Below is some random pictures of participants making their way from station 2 towards station 3:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1101[/ATTACH]

Below is a small glimpse of a guy than ran the course in flip flops. I was told he does the Peco’s run the same way. I wish I would’ve got some pictures of his feet after the run cause they was all cut up and stuff. This guy is hardcore in my book:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1102[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Mr. O’Hara (I’m guessing the spelling here) and his 2 daughters, the zombie killing family. When I asked to take their picture Mr. O’Hara said the family that kill zombies together stays together. Hell yeah! I was later with Alonso at station 4 “finding Sophie” when he shot some video of Mr. O’Hara engaging the zombies so maybe we’ll be able to see some of that.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1103[/ATTACH]

The Tannerite Exploding Rifle targets people did an awesome demonstration of their products of shooting some watermelon’s loaded with 1 & 2lbs of of tannerite. This stuff was setting when it exploded was setting off car alarms a good 200 yards behind the blast. It was awesome!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1104[/ATTACH]
    I got some video of the demonstration but I need to convert the file format and edit to upload to youtube.

Unfortunately that’s about all the pictures I got but I can assure you the event was awesome and Alonso & the rest of the Battle Road USA have a lot of good photo’s and video that document just how awesome it was. At the end of the run I seen nothing but a bunch of very happy participants. Personally I learned a lot from this course, learned some weaknesses, tested gear, realized what works and what don’t and realized areas that I need to improve. Will continue this later on, for now I gotta run.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@firemedic4 11361 wrote:

I would love to shoot a course like that!!!!

There was a participant at the Zombie Destruction Run that came all the way from St. Louis! I seen a participant wearing one of those headcam’s that I hope ran the course in the “Combat Ready Division” cause I really want to see his footage!

You can watch their promotion video and think to yourself how cool it would be but no matter how good of a promotional video they make you really must experience the course to know just how awesome it was. It’s going to take awhile to come down from the high from excitement from being able to be part of it.

I know they’re all busy cleaning up from the event but I’m eagerly awaiting the pictures & video the Alonso & the rest of the battle road guys got.

DCortez

Looks like fun. Definitely more fun than I had shoveling 24+ yards of sand, lol.

Alonso1

Was that fun or what!? I just got home and unloaded the Jeep. I have to get some rest before the Walking Dead comes on and after the show I’ll start working on some pictures. Thanks for coming out TBuzz, it was nice to meet you.

Alonso1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1109[/ATTACH]
    A1 and TBuzz gearing up to kick some Zombie butt!

Alonso1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1111[/ATTACH]

TBuzz runs so fast that my camera could not keep up with him!

gpu_

I’m still hurting, but man was that a lot of fun. Definitely a unique experience and I’m looking forward to next year.

I didn’t get a chance to take too many pictures, but here are a few of the Range Officers playing with the zombies before we started getting runners at our stage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1114[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1115[/ATTACH]

JulioTheSavage

I’m jealous,lol. Looks like you guys had a great time. That’s what I like to see.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@alonso1 11373 wrote:

TBuzz runs so fast that my camera could not keep up with him!

Trust me, I didn’t keep that pace very long! I ran across dry creek before realizing I was supposed to follow the creek bed. ROFL, Isn’t it mysterious how Bill seems to be moving fast too? 😀 I’m so glad you posted that picture of me and you I really wanted to show that one off.

@gpu_ 11377 wrote:

I’m still hurting, but man was that a lot of fun. Definitely a unique experience and I’m looking forward to next year.

I didn’t get a chance to take too many pictures, but here are a few of the Range Officers playing with the zombies before we started getting runners at our stage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1114[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1115[/ATTACH]

LOL, now you know what I looked familiar! You, the other guys from station 4 (Steve & Henchman) was awesome and it was awesome to meet you even though we didn’t know who each other was when we met. I guess yall couldn’t find Sophie to get a picture with her?

@juliothesavage 11379 wrote:

I’m jealous,lol. Looks like you guys had a great time. That’s what I like to see.

There’s always next time JTS and I’m sure we could work out something special for the ZombieLyptic members. But be prepared cause if you ever visit Texas and especially meet the kind of people that was at this event, you’d never want to leave.

Alonso1

@teknabuzz 11380 wrote:

I’m so glad you posted that picture of me and you I really wanted to show that one off.

TBuzz and I were going to take a pic and hold up a sign that read, “What’s up JTS!” but the day go started and we forgot but our Zombielyptic friends were on our mind. My business partners are already talking about doing it again in October and keeping it in October. I’ll keep y’all advised.

JulioTheSavage

@alonso1 11383 wrote:

TBuzz and I were going to take a pic and hold up a sign that read, “What’s up JTS!” but the day go started and we forgot but our Zombielyptic friends were on our mind. My business partners are already talking about doing it again in October and keeping it in October. I’ll keep y’all advised.

I’m already signed up to do the Tough Mudder in October. It’s out in West VA. Don’t know when I’ll be able to get out to Texas but one day I will get there. Why do you guys live so far,lol.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@alonso1 11383 wrote:

A1 had a lot on his plate being a primary organizer for this event and despite all that he still found time to chauffeur me around the course in his Jeep and talk about ZombieLyptic. He’s a one of kind guy and really made me feel like a honorary guest. Yall think he’s cool here, you should hear him speak, the man speaks volumes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.