BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

This topic contains 61 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

The headcam video I was talking about:

gpu_

From stage 7:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1116[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1117[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1123[/ATTACH]

JulioTheSavage

The pics look very Zombielyptic with the effects in the pics. I like.

Alonso1

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Awesome video! The 4th picture in gpu_’s post the little holes in the privacy fence was in my opinion the best rifle obstacle because most had to slant their rifle to get a sight picture.

Seen the shooter’s time has been posted, Alonso is super fast beating me by over 36 minutes!

Alonso1

@teknabuzz 11463 wrote:

Seen the shooter’s time has been posted, Alonso is super fast beating me by over 36 minutes!

Not too shabby for an old fat guy πŸ˜‰ I’ve been running since I was 15 and I’m 45 now, and I made the course so I kinda knew all the turns and stuff. What freaks me out is my recovery time as I get older. I think I can still hang with the slower Infantry guys, but after a course like this, I need a couple of days to rest before I can do it again at that pace. The younger guys don’t have that problem, they can do that stuff day in and day out. Like I did when I was 19. Father time is a sombitch.

JulioTheSavage

@alonso1 11468 wrote:

Not too shabby for an old fat guy πŸ˜‰ I’ve been running since I was 15 and I’m 45 now, and I made the course so I kinda knew all the turns and stuff. What freaks me out is my recovery time as I get older. I think I can still hang with the slower Infantry guys, but after a course like this, I need a couple of days to rest before I can do it again at that pace. The younger guys don’t have that problem, they can do that stuff day in and day out. Like I did when I was 19. Father time is a sombitch.

Hey A1 if you don’t mind me asking(I know how “old” guys can be,lol) how long was the course and what was your time?

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@juliothesavage 11496 wrote:

Hey A1 if you don’t mind me asking(I know how “old” guys can be,lol) how long was the course and what was your time?

I don’t know exactly for sure how long the course was but we was told 3 1/2 miles which I imagine is a fairly close estimate. If I remember correctly I think there was people using GPS that verfied the distance on one of the videos I seen and I do believe the person was at over 2 miles before getting to station 4.

Alonso’s time was 1:16:23 and he smoked all the other RO’s by at least 18 minutes with the next best time being 1:34:26. I got to watch Alonso shoot at station 4 and he went thru it like a bolt of lightning and if I remember correctly there was only one shooter that beat his time at that station.

My time was 1:52:53 and I plan to be more competitive next go around! When I was reloading mags on the go I’d slow to a fast walk and reload which would take many minutes to reload a mag and looking back I think it’d would been faster to stop, sit down, and reload a mag which only takes a minute max when your not moving. What made reloading on the move more difficult is most of the course especially after leaving each station had you maneuver through wooded areas dodging tree limps and what not. I think the stop for a minute would’ve given more rest and you’d make up for more lost time by continuing back to jog. Next time I think I’ll go with a back pack loaded down with enough mags that I won’t have to worry about reloading mags.

Alonso this was your question so please elaborate where possible 😎

JulioTheSavage

@teknabuzz 11498 wrote:

I don’t know exactly for sure how long the course was but we was told 3 1/2 miles which I imagine is a fairly close estimate. If I remember correctly I think there was people using GPS that verfied the distance on one of the videos I seen and I do believe the person was at over 2 miles before getting to station 4.

Alonso’s time was 1:16:23 and he smoked all the other RO’s by at least 18 minutes with the next best time being 1:34:26. I got to watch Alonso shoot at station 4 and he went thru it like a bolt of lightning and if I remember correctly there was only one shooter that beat his time at that station.

My time was 1:52:53 and I plan to be more competitive next go around! When I was reloading mags on the go I’d slow to a fast walk and reload which would take many minutes to reload a mag and looking back I think it’d would been faster to stop, sit down, and reload a mag which only takes a minute max when your not moving. What made reloading on the move more difficult is most of the course especially after leaving each station had you maneuver through wooded areas dodging tree limps and what not. I think the stop for a minute would’ve given more rest and you’d make up for more lost time by continuing back to jog. Next time I think I’ll go with a back pack loaded down with enough mags that I won’t have to worry about reloading mags.

Alonso this was your question so please elaborate where possible 😎

I Glad you answered too Joey because I was gonna ask you next,lol.

JulioTheSavage

Hey A1 you sure you didn’t do a few dry runs through the course before and,lol.

voortrekker

This RNG was tremendous fun! Thank you Battle Road USA for hosting it.

I took some pics at station #7.

This station had nine stages. The shooter had to hit the steel (250yds) once at each stage.

I was one of the RO’s at this station, and one of the things I noticed was many shooters using optics were having a hard time aquiring a sight picture because some of the stages forced the shooter to cant their rifle in order to hit the target, especially where they had to shoot through the pile of tires.

However, most shooters ultimately shot pretty good times. These types of shooting experiences will only make them a better marksman, no doubt.

Stage 1 shooting through chain link fence
    100_1152.jpg
    100_1170.jpg

Stage 2 shooting off the “porch”
    100_1167.jpg

voortrekker

Stage 3 shooting through the window
    100_1187.jpg
    100_1136.jpg

voortrekker

Stage 4 prone
    100_1154.jpg
    100_1140.jpg
    100_1188.jpg

voortrekker

Stage 5 behind the rocks
    100_1151.jpg
    100_1174.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    100_1139.jpg

voortrekker

Stage 6 The barricade
    100_1184.jpg
    100_1175.jpg
    100_1189.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.