BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry BattleRoadUSA's Zombie Destruction Run!

This topic contains 61 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author

voortrekker

Stage 7 shooting through the dreaded cement drain pipe
    100_1145.jpg
    100_1192.jpg
    100_1185.jpg

voortrekker

Stage 8 shooting through the pile of tires
    100_1178.jpg
    100_1193.jpg
    100_1164.jpg
    100_1159.jpg

voortrekker

100_1179.jpg

Stage 9 shooting through slots in a wood stack
    100_1166.jpg
    100_1147.jpg

Alonso1

I think the overall distance was right at 4 miles. When Scout and I paced it out last year, we figured we were drinking one beer per mile we walked, so that’s how we came up with 2.5 miles. I guess our beer to mile ratio is a little off. We’ll try to be more professional next time…nah!

I know the course so I don’t include my score for any prizes and I don’t place. I’m happy just running in the woods with my gear and shooting the crap out of zombies.

I hope some Zombielyptic members can make the next run. We can have some shirts made and be Team Zombielyptic!

Alonso1

I forgot to tell y’all that Scout and I were talking the other day and we are going to include more shooting stations and add a CQB rifle station, oh yeah!

Alonso1

Thanks for the pics Voortrekker.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

More stations and a close quarters rifle station sounds awesome! I would love to see more ZombieLyptic members make to the next Run & Gun. This type of a event is a real good test for your gear as well testing you and you’re chosen equipments combat readiness and effectiveness. That is something that normal everyday people can’t really get elsewhere and to be able to attend such an event is well worth it!

DCortez

@voortrekker 11503 wrote:

100_1152.jpg

Looks like a Rossi. I split a fence post right down the middle with a .44mag 20″ at 90 paces a couple of years ago. Next time I hit the range, I’ll have to see what I can do at 250 yards.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I really like Alonso’s idea of the “Team ZombieLyptic” and any member’s here that think they’ll be able to attend the next event please get up with me cause I want to do something special for the ZombieLyptic member’s that attend.

@dcortez 11516 wrote:

Looks like a Rossi. I split a fence post right down the middle with a .44mag 20″ at 90 paces a couple of years ago. Next time I hit the range, I’ll have to see what I can do at 250 yards.

Yeah that pic is just good example of diversity in weaponry. As you can see not everybody was sporting an AR15 or a so called “assault rifle.” I’m curious to know how well this guy did with that lever action rifle.

JulioTheSavage

Awesome pics!

voortrekker

@teknabuzz 11520 wrote:

Yeah that pic is just good example of diversity in weaponry. As you can see not everybody was sporting an AR15 or a so called “assault rifle.” I’m curious to know how well this guy did with that lever action rifle.

He did not make it past stage 1, because he timed out.

Very close to the steel, about 15 rounds, but no hit.

Even though he timed out, I have to admire him considering the tools he was using.

He was real calm and collected while shooting, never whined one time. I cannot say that a few other shooters with teched out AR15s…..a’grunting and a’cussing, a few were, most shooters did the very best they could, with no whining.

Alas, that rifle was what he brought with him…………….and I guarantee you, he learned how to shoot it better attending this event.

His lever action was chambered for .44 mag, I bet his pistol was as well. Looks like a model 29 S&W. If you ever find a fair deal on a model 29 S&W in .44 mag or .45Long Colt, snap them up if they are in good condition. Those were some of the finest revolvers ever made in the US, with amazing bluing………….they are certainly destined to be high dollar collector pieces. Right now, they are pretty reasonable in price. Not only are they extremely well made, they are very accurate as well…………

Lever actions, bolt guns, M1A’s, AR15s, AKs, SCARS, FALs, etc……this is why I personally like these “run and gun” type shoots, there’s a lot of diversity in equipment, not just firearms, but load bearing gear(back packs, mag pouches), hydration units……….hell, even footwear too.

Just like Appleseed shoots, “bring what ya got” and master what you have………..if it doesn’t work, try something else.

These RNG shoots will tell you pretty quickly what equipment works and doesn’t work.

I am looking forward to the next Zombie shoot, at the same location, October 26th 2013.

gpu_

I asked him at stage 4 if he was running common ammo for both rifle and pistol. He said no, but that would have been ideal. He was shooting .38spl out of the pistol.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@gpu_ 11585 wrote:

I asked him at stage 4 if he was running common ammo for both rifle and pistol. He said no, but that would have been ideal. He was shooting .38spl out of the pistol.

Yeah I thought he was shooting the same ammo in both.

On another note ZombieLyptic members who are interested in going zombie shooting with me at the next event please check out this thread: http://www.zombielyptic.com/tips-training-marksmanship/1671-team-zombielyptic-%40-zombie-destruction-run-walk-saturday-october-12-2013-a.html#post11588

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

This weekend I got the pleasure of attending Battle Road USA’s semi annual Zombie Destruction Biathalon and it was awesome. Recently they’ve just published this cinematic teaser trailer for the event:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbIU-4PEkwE

The event itself is a great way to test out your gear and your skills. The course is 4.5 miles longs with various obstacles between shooting stations that consist of a total of 4 pistol and 4 rifle stations. Anyways I’ll talk more about it later but for now I’m sure everybody wants to see some pictures:

Walking Dead fans would enjoy this which is the first thing you see when entering onto the ranch:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2185[/ATTACH]

An up close photo of what I like to call the “apocalypse tree”
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2186[/ATTACH]

Me standing at the apocalypse tree just before the run:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2187[/ATTACH]

Me shooting at station #7 compliments of Alonso for taking this pic:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2188[/ATTACH]

I worked as a RO at station 2 and the Hippie zombie was my favorite target:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2189[/ATTACH]

A1 and myself enjoying a nice cold beer by the camp fire Friday night:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2190[/ATTACH]

I was pretty stoked about getting to meet Jamie Franks (Top Shot Competition Shooter) when he came to our shooting station:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2191[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2192[/ATTACH]

Melanie Davis, Founder of http://www.loveyourveterans.org/ and author of The Triumph Book Heroes brought out this awesome little golf ball cannon that was pretty neat:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2193[/ATTACH]

This is the view of first zombie target at my pistol only shooting station my actually standing on the piece of carpet required to engage it just to give an example of how a person might need to squat, lean or kneel to accurately hit the target:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2194[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

More random photos that I’ll try to update some with short description captions as this thread progresses:

Going over course of fire at station 2:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2195[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2196[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2199[/ATTACH]
    Scout heading toward station 6:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2200[/ATTACH]
    Another up close shot of the golf ball cannon:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2201[/ATTACH]

Participants making their way towards station 2:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2202[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2208[/ATTACH]
    This guy tells us he had just seen a really large snake that had spooked him a bit:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2209[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.