Bought new light Fenix PD32

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Bought new light Fenix PD32

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JulioTheSavage 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

After my last little adventure of chasing a guy into the woods I decided to pick up a better light. I was using my Glock light last time but it didn’t give me the lighting I needed to track the guy. I decide on a Fenix light model PD32. I bought it as package deal. It’s seems like pretty good quality and very simple to use. Big enough to give me the lighting power I need but small enough to put in my pocket. Seems like a good all around light. The package deal included a picatinny mount for my AR. The pic doesn’t show but it also came with two CR123A batteries besides the 2 rechargable 18650 batteries. I paid $103.90 for the package from Fenix PD32 LED Flashlight Mount Kit w/Charger & Batteries Pkg. – Fenix LED Flashlights | Tactical Lights | EDC Tactical Gear. The shipping was pretty fast. I ordered it on the 24th and got it today. They also have alot of other models to choose from.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1129[/ATTACH]
    Specs:
    Cree XP-G R5 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
    Output/Runtime:
    Turbo: 315 lumens/ 2 hours
    High: 130 lumens/ 8 hours
    Mid: 70 lumens/ 16 hours
    Low: 9 lumens/ 200 hours
    Strobe: 315 lumens
    SOS: 130 lumens
    Beam Distance: 141 meters
    Intensity: 5000cd
    Impact Resistant: 1 meter
    Waterproof: IPX-8, underwater 2 meters
    Uses two 3v lithium CR123A batteries or one 18650 rechargeable li-ion battery
    127mm (length) x 25.4mm (diameter)
    61 gram weight (excluding batteries)
    Digitally regulated output – maintains constant brightness
    Reverse polarity protection – protects from improper battery installation
    Over heat protection to avoid high surface temperature
    Anti-roll, slip resistant battery design
    Tactical tail switch with momentary-on function
    Side mode switching button
    Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
    Premium type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
    Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
    Included Accessories: holster, lanyard, body clip, spare o-ring and rubber switch boot

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Good deal. I’m a firm believe in the mounted light on your AR when the possibility use of home defense is there. The light I got is big & heavy but I love the light so instead of getting something smaller I decided to upgrade my hand guards to a Troy rail system that goes past the FSB but allows me to keep the front sight post. Got my friend Dustin from http://roughneckfirearms.com/ hooking me up. 😎

ICF_Hooligan

Fenix is a great company… lots of good pieces… this one is fairly vicious:
    [IMG]http://www.fenixlighting.com/DesktopModules/DnnForge%20-%20NewsArticles/ImageHandler.ashx?Width=555&Height=319&HomeDirectory=%2fPortals%2f0%2f&FileName=Images%2f1_Fenix-TK45-LED-Flashlight.jpg&PortalID=0&q=1[/IMG]

JulioTheSavage

@teknabuzz 11446 wrote:

Good deal. I’m a firm believe in the mounted light on your AR when the possibility use of home defense is there. The light I got is big & heavy but I love the light so instead of getting something smaller I decided to upgrade my hand guards to a Troy rail system that goes past the FSB but allows me to keep the front sight post. Got my friend Dustin from http://roughneckfirearms.com/ hooking me up. 😎

I’ll have to check that place out.

JulioTheSavage

@icf_hooligan 11447 wrote:

Fenix is a great company… lots of good pieces… this one is fairly vicious:
    [IMG]http://www.fenixlighting.com/DesktopModules/DnnForge%20-%20NewsArticles/ImageHandler.ashx?Width=555&Height=319&HomeDirectory=%2fPortals%2f0%2f&FileName=Images%2f1_Fenix-TK45-LED-Flashlight.jpg&PortalID=0&q=1[/IMG]

I saw that one. That think looks crazy but overkill for me. Initially I was gonna go with something bigger but I wanted something lighter and more compact. The PD32 fit the bill and has plenty of lumens.

JulioTheSavage

A little update: I’ve been using the Fenix as my EDC light at work and it’s a pretty good little light. I wouldn’t say I’ve put it through any real abuse but so far it functions as advertised. I like the light so much for EDC that it will remain as such even though I originally thought I would mount it on my AR. I think now I will get a dedicated AR light.

Andrew

Julio, I am glad you are happy with you light choice. I have found alot of value in carrying a real flashlight.I carry a Phoebus Nightshift III for EDC. It is alot more useful then the tiny LED light I have on my keychain.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1190[/ATTACH]

JulioTheSavage

I was using the Streamlight Stylus as my EDC before I got the Fenix. Your absolutely right that a real flashlight makes a difference.

shottist

I wlll never settle for a flashlight that has the switch on the buttcap. It’s ridiculous. I want a button on the side, where my weak hand thumb can both hold the light and manipulate the switch, without compromising my 2 handed speed of hitting.

JulioTheSavage

UPDATE: It’s been about a year now and the light has held up quite well. Everyday use in the shop and not a hiccup. Plenty of drops and dirt. I’ve only had 2 problems with the kit. First was a semi-failure with an 18650 battery. The battery caused the light to stop cycling through the higher lumen. But worked fine with the other batteries. The second was the cheap holster that came in the kit. After a couple of months the light wore a hole through the holster so I replaced it with a higher quality one. Other than those 2 things I’ve been quite satisfied with my purchase.

CONCLUSION: Recommended

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.