Bug Out Bags Photos

Home Forums Planning & Preparation Bug Out Bags Photos

This topic contains 53 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

EricaTheRed

My first attempt[ATTACH]2518[/ATTACH]

alwayscross

Good for a first attempt, we all start at different places and my first was really bad XD. If I had to recommend anything though get two good fixed blades, one for combat and one for survival. They will serve you well.

Andrew

@ericathered 20057 wrote:

My first attempt[ATTACH]2518[/ATTACH]

That looks like a good get home bag. Get home bag is the bag you use for 24-72 hours until you can get to where you have supplies or a cache. It looks like you hae alot of good stuff in there. I can’t tell what all of it is though.

For most folks their BOB has enough stuff they can live out of it or it has the stuff that will allow them to use their environment to make a long term (7-30 day) dwelling. Hence the reason the BOB is usually around 35 lbs at least.

EricaTheRed

I have a GHB with all the same supplies except for the bedroll (only had enough for 2 this time around, they were my big splurge). I want to do another GHB to stash at work since I’m going to start commuting by train and be about 10 miles from the GHB I keep in the car.

Andrew

@ericathered 20070 wrote:

I have a GHB with all the same supplies except for the bedroll (only had enough for 2 this time around, they were my big splurge). I want to do another GHB to stash at work since I’m going to start commuting by train and be about 10 miles from the GHB I keep in the car.

That is smart. It is expensive to have so many bags but you can also consider them preposition or cached supplies.

EricaTheRed

They weren’t as expensive as I initially thought. My big splurge was the mummy bags (Ozark trail $79 each). I couldn’t resist, they only go down to 35, so if it’s winter we will still be unfcomfortable, but hopefully alive. I figured out the cost of my two BOBs to be around the $170 mark and my GHB at $65.

Since this photo, which was taken last weekend, my husband added some good quality knives from my father-in-laws impressive collection. Gotta love free BOB gear. Also I’m thrilled that the hubby contributed. 😀

Here’s an actual list of what I have in my BOBs and GHB, divided out by the plastic bags in which I store them. Some items were added after I took the picture so you will not see them in my photo above:

Tools:
    Bedroll
    5 in 1 tool (compass, signaler, whistle, waterproof match container, can opener)
    Survival Card (10 in 1 tool about the size of a credit card – duplicates some of the 5 in 1, but in case one breaks…)
    4×6 Tarp
    Bungees
    Duck Tape
    Paracord/Rope
    Flashlight + extra batteries
    Work Gloves
    Headlamp
    Matches
    Respirator (N95 Mask)
    Sewing Kit
    Superglue
    Lighters 7 Pack
    Water filter
    Water purification tablets
    sharpie marker
    reusable poncho
    box cutter
    50 ft wire
    homemade firestarters (round cotton pads dipped in gulf wax they burn for 4 – 5 minutes on their own & get hot enought to ignite even damp kindling)
    homemade kindling (dryer lint inside a toilet paper roll)
    extra shoelaces
    guns & extra ammo: handgun and shotgun

Creature comforts:
    3oz Sunscreen (bought large bottle of sunscreen & filled travel size bottles with it)
    Bug Pen repellent
    Toilet Paper
    Chapstick
    Clorox Wipes
    Kleenex
    Germx
    Travel size toothbrush & paste
    Travel size deoderant/antiperspirant
    comb
    extra shoelaces
    2 pair Socks
    2 pair underwear
    t-shirt
    Long-sleeved flannel shirt
    Baseball cap
    Bandana
    knee-high pantyhose (to avoid blisters when walking or use as water filter aid or tourniquet etc – many uses)
    micro fiber towel (brightly colored so it can double as a signaling device)
    Playing Cards

Food:
    Cliff Bars
    Soup
    Black Beans
    Ready-to-eat tuna salad & crackers (great Dollar Tree find!!)
    Lifesavers hard candy
    Trail Mix
    Peanuts
    Raisins
    Minute Maid Pink lemonade powder (to offset the funky taste the purifying tablets leave)
    Peanut butter

First Aid:
    Vet wrap
    Feminine pads (great for compression bandages)
    4 sets latex gloves
    assorted bandaids
    Curad brand silver solution antibiotic
    Vaseline
    Advil
    Nail clippers & file
    Tweezers

alwayscross

These are pictures of my bug out bag from the outside, I may upload pictures of there contents later on when I have the time depending on how I feel about that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2547[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2548[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

Nice bag! And upload a youtube video of you shooting that bow!

alwayscross

@philthebiker 20231 wrote:

Nice bag! And upload a youtube video of you shooting that bow!

I might upload a video of the bag itself, as for the crossbow there is about a million videos of it. Its a Jaguar 175lb recurve crossbow, if my neighbours are gone I might upload a video of me shooting it. I would do all this now but my camcorder is broke, I really need a new one.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.