Buy Once! Some Of The Best Prepping Advice There Is

Home Forums Comments Buy Once! Some Of The Best Prepping Advice There Is

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Buy Once, and by that I mean if your visiting this site obviously you’ve got some capability to utilizing the world wide web to your advantage. Whether it be guns, tactical gear, or other types of preparedness items you really should take the time to research it thoroughly by reading reviews and seeing what others have to say about products your considering putting your hard earned dollars towards.

Not saying we all haven’t made poor investment choices but surely others have made the same mistakes already and those mistakes we can learn from beforehand when possible.

It is true that some of the top quality products are much more expensive and in such cases there is generally a lot of much cheaper alternatives. In some cases that type of item might be a total waste until you can afford that higher quality product and in other cases there may be highly recommended product that fits into your budget. Just in example I can think of dozens if not 100s of $100 products of certain category that I’d only invest my money just from my own research of such products.

The reason behind this post is I frequently encounter people that come to me for advice on certain things and other times I have people tell me I just purchased this and I quickly think to myself how I wish they would’ve consulted with me first because I would’ve attempted to talk them out of wasting their money on it. I’m no expert on anything but when people are coming to me for advice I think it’s safe to assume they don’t have a better source for it.

Some people who do come to me aggravate me when they ask for advice but don’t like me telling them what they don’t want to hear. It amazes me somebody will ask me if this product is good, I will tell them no, they’ll then defend it with something they read elsewhere and buy the product anyways. Then a few weeks later they’ll run into me again and tell me how they should have listened to me in the first place.

It goes 2 ways as well, sometimes the most expensive item isn’t the best or perhaps maybe it is the best but but the price variant doesn’t dictate spending the extra cash very well making one of the lesser expensive products being the best bang for your buck. This is exactly why I’m preaching research so that you yourself can learn of this.

Over the course of time I’ve made my own bad selections in wasting money on something that I should spent a little more on. Some examples that quickly come to mind are cheap tools, knives, camping equipment, and scopes. But I suppose as mentioned above I’ve somewhat learned from those mistakes and currently there is a handful of things that I yet cannot afford yet I’ve already got years of experience researching them. With that said I believe when possible it’s best to do your research before you intend to obtain when possible or else you end up buying on impulse alone.

otis302

I spend literly hours researching a lot of the things I buy of course its the money first but to get some where and try to rely on a piece of crap because of misleading advertising gets me worked up and I let them know in no uncertain terms how I feel. Now when it comes to my truck or stang its top shelf every time AAA is not out in the woods and I doubt a wrecker could make it. With all the prepper stuff on the market ans so many retailers that is a hard one and remember when I look at reviews some people dont like any thing so I average what I hear and read.

firemedic4

Nothing like having a piece of gear fail when you need it most!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.