Camo Your Kit/Gear Fast and Easy

Home Forums Homesteading Camo Your Kit/Gear Fast and Easy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JulioTheSavage 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

I decided to do a Camo job on one of my GP pouches. I have a buch of surplus stuff in coyote brown and turned then into camo. The colors I used were flat Camo colors by Rustoleum, Earth Brown and Deep Forest Green(really like Olive Drab). I think I need to add a lighter green to the mix but for now these will do. It looks way better in person, kinda like Multicam.

What I did was fold some construction paper in half to make it a little stiffer then cut out my pattern to use as the template. I layed down the pattern and “dusted” the paint on at an angle about 4-6″ inches away. I did this at different angles on the pouch. I layed down the brown first a couple times then the green then back to the brown. Dried almost instantly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2559[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2560[/ATTACH]

Before:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2554[/ATTACH]

After:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2555[/ATTACH]

Sides:[ATTACH=CONFIG]2556[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH]

alwayscross

This is really cool, I unfortunately just bought a camo rain cover :(.

Alonso1

That’s nice work. I’ve been using spray paint to camo my stuff for years. I even painted an AR. I use to use templates for the patterns but I got lazy and now I just blend the colors together. That “dusting” you mentioned works great; it really helps tone down the light colors and can help break up darker colors.

What I also like about spray paint is that its cheap and surprisingly more durable than I thought and when it does get scratched its an easy fix, however I have found I like the random scratches in the paint job. The scratches usually help with the pattern, at least I think so.

JulioTheSavage

I like the scratches and worn look too. Means you actually use your ish. Gives it character in my opinion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.