Home Forums Planning & Preparation Clausewitz

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Your thoughts?

“Kind-hearted people might of course think there was some ingenious way to disarm or defeat an enemy without too much bloodshed, and might imagine this is the true goal of the art of war. Pleasant as it sounds, it is a fallacy that must be exposed: war is such a dangerous business that the mistakes which come from kindness are the very worst. The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect…. War is an act of force, there is no logical limit to the application of force.”

DCortez

I say wear the kindhearted mask but carry a big gun under your shirt.

It’s still a jungle out there even if you wear rose colored glasses.

firemedic4

I am a kind hearted person, polite and respectfull to everyone I meet. But have a plan to kill them if need be.

Andrew

“War is an act of force, there is no logical limit to the application of force.”

Ideal Conditions for the Absolute War
    1. War is a wholly isolated act, occurring suddenly and not produced by previous events in the political world;
    2. War is a single decisive act or a set of simultaneous ones; and,
    3. The decision achieved is complete and perfect in itself, uninfluenced by any previous estimate of the political situation it would bring about.

—Clausewitz, On War

Andrew

War is the realm of danger; therefore courage is the soldier’s first requirement.

—Clausewitz, On War

boisdarc

Interesting guy, I have no previous knowledge of him. Thank you for bringing him to light for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.