Defense vs Zombies – Distraction Devices

Home Forums Homesteading Defense vs Zombies – Distraction Devices

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Sonderberg 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m currently reading a Fictional series called “Rot and Ruin” which is set in a post-zombie apocalypse world 15-years after Zero-Hour.

In this book, the township is defended with a heavy wire/mesh fence. But outside of this fence are large poles with brightly colored fabrics connected above the normal reach of anyone (I’d suggest 10-15 feet). These are meant to catch the wind thus making motion and sound to distract and draw the attention of the undead to as a means of reducing the numbers that would risk compromising the fence. This also acts as a means to allow defenders to reduce their numbers from a safe range.

I found this to actually be a plausible distraction and luring device. If it was made from a metallic mult-colored (different colors on each side) tarp for instance, the material would make a moderate amount of noise and be rather noticable visually whenever the wind is blowing.

Thought I’d share this idea.

PhilTheBiker

Interesting idea. Simple distraction while the organizers take care of real business. Sounds like the distractions various governments perform throughout the world to distract its citizens from reality.

JulioTheSavage

Reminds me of the movie Land of the Dead when they used fireworks as a distraction. But I think I like your idea better. The firework would be good for on the go like movie though.

bajarider

Old thread, but I’m a new guy. I like the idea of distractions, but what if we take it one step further? How about a noisemaker that attracts zombies, and then kills them? Not my original idea (I read ALOT of fiction). If they are attracted to noise, how hard would it be to concoct a noisemaker over a hole, and lead them into some sort of zombie blender? I am just that lazy kind of guy that if I can get a machine to do my killin’ then I can set back with a sweet tea and hopefully stay safer.

Any thoughts?

PhilTheBiker

Anything that makes your job easier the better. Heck maybe the noise maker is an inner com that draws the zombies to the noise and they fall into the pit 🙂

alwayscross

Its said that zombies would use their sense of smell and hearing rather then sight so I don’t know if it would work or not, but its a good thought.

bajarider

I am all for making things easier, sometimes us lazy guys are thinkers y’know? There are a lot of ideas that I would like to test out, if the whole reason behind testing them out wasn’t a zombie apocalypse. lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.