DIY Hacks & How To’s: Laser Tripwire

Home Forums Homesteading DIY Hacks & How To’s: Laser Tripwire

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Andrew

No security system is complete without lasers. We have all seen movies where the main character has to get past a high tech security system and there is always a room full of lasers somewhere.

So in this project, I show you how to build a laser tripwire alarm. All you need is a cheap laser point, a couple of mirrors, and a few dollars of electrical parts. With this you can cover an entire house with an array of light beams. If any one of them is crossed it sets off your alarm. And unlike in the movies, these lasers are practically invisible.

DCortez

That’s pretty slick.

Stocker
    Participant

Finally, I can turn my house into a Mission Impossible scene!!! That’s pretty awesome if you ask me. Now only if the wife will approve.

PhilTheBiker

Someone has way too much time on their hands 🙂

First thing I thought when I saw that was “That battery will never last” as I have the same thing for my cat. Then he covered how to resolve the issue that I was thinking in my head. Crazy stuff. I wish I understood more about electronics.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Pretty neat idea. I have a few of these laser pointers including a $75 green laser pointer pen from radio shack that I’ve used at work while working nights. It’s nice to touch something with the laser instead of having to climb to show a employee what I’m talking about.

I’m just wondering how long it could run off of like 8 AA batteries.

When I was in the 5th grade my science teacher had a laser that fit inside a small coffee can with a drilled out hole that was able to go miles in the daylight. I wonder how much that kind of set up cost.

boisdarc

This reminds me a bit of Kipkay stuff, he started as a youtube guy and eventually had his own tv show.

otis302

All that is good but mechanical [ATTACH=CONFIG]2536[/ATTACH] and I know there is a soft spot there, but did you ever get surprised with a dog with a attitude?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.