Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

This topic contains 133 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Gigabelly 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)
  • Author

00_Jackie

Impressive preparation. Problem being is now all their neighbors and ppl in their area who are not preppers know about them!

00_Jackie

Thanks so much for posting videos!

PhilTheBiker

Did anyone else notice the husband and wife team that lives in the shipping container house? Crazy. Oh, and when they shot at their house to see if it could withstand rifle fire. Yeah, nice .22LR buddy. A car door can probably stop that type of round. And what about the window 10 feet away? I would have been more impressed if they used 9mm , 223, or 762 which is probably what looting Zombie would use if Zombies could shoot.

Over all, good show. Gave me a few ideas, such as canning boneless chicken when it goes on sale and tossing that in storage. I’ve always been of the mindset that you need to be with 5 – 10 other really close friends/family for prepping to do any real good. If it’s just you, your wife, and a kid or close friend, you’ll never be able to keep a good 24 hour watch for a consistent amount of time. Zombies don’t sleep.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@philthebiker 2349 wrote:

Crazy. Oh, and when they shot at their house to see if it could withstand rifle fire. Yeah, nice .22LR buddy. A car door can probably stop that type of round.

If I had to guess with him being only like 35 miles from San Antonio there is probably a good bit of people that have seen his house and your average tv junkie isn’t going to know that he just shot the strongest part of the frame of the shipping container with a weak rim fire rifle. The way I see it he was basically saying hey all you future zombies out there thinking of coming for my brains when SHTF happens I’ve got some guns in here that I can shoot at you with from my bullet proof house.

PhilTheBiker

I heard a rumor that the fat man that could hardly walk on Doomsday Preppers had his guns taken away. The truck driver guy. Anyone have any solid info on that?

Gigabelly

Well that is a disturbing rumor. He has a YouTube channel, might check it out

Gigabelly

Okay, that rumor is apparently true. Man, our govt is outta control. That pisses me off. Alot. By the way JWR is on Alex Jones at infowars.com.

PhilTheBiker

@gigabelly 2389 wrote:

Well that is a disturbing rumor. He has a YouTube channel, might check it out

Do you have a link?

Gigabelly

I stumble accross it every now and then, but I don’t subscribe to his channel. He is actually pretty amusing. Anyway, sorry, I do not have a link. I have been looking for a few minutes, and if I find it I will repost.

Gigabelly

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

On last nights show I thought the first guy Tim (think that was his name) was pretty cool until he shot off his thumb. I did like his crovel tool but as far as tool usage but he was being a little too pushy trying to market it as a defensive weapon IMO. Surely its obvious that it could be used as a weapon but I’d rather use my own imagination in regards too that instead of the creator of such a tool outright saying its a weapon too! If that makes any sense?

azurevirus

Tek..your post makes sense to me..(but I had to read it backwards twice before it did) (:

Gigabelly

Yeah, he had a little vested interest in the publicity, but…..I bought one. Hey, I wanted to support a prepper, who makes his product in the USA and I needed an E-tool anyway. I saw him on Fox News Monday so I looked it up and ordered it. Look for a review when it arrives.

PhilTheBiker

Is it really made in the USA? Also I don’t think he shot off his finger I think the bolt action took it off.

PhilTheBiker

@gigabelly 2395 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv9pjxq5QI&feature=player_embedded

Story is here:
    http://www.infowars.com/prepper-declared-mentally-defective-put-on-fbi-list/

I think the following was pretty disturbing, especially if true. People that choose not to pay taxes are not terrorists, people that purchase bulk food are not terrorists. I disagree with those that don’t pay taxes and they should be held accountable. Hell, there are lots of ways to avoid paying taxes and even have the government pay you not to work. I’m not one of those individuals, but those are the true terrorists on society, those that have conned the government into paying for their existence something most preppers try to NOT do. Most preppers try to live independently of a functioning government.

Last week, the FBI warned that people who oppose taxes and regulations, as well as those who believe the U.S. should have never left the gold standard, are potential domestic terrorists. The federal agency has also sent out flyers as part of its Communities Against Terrorism program that list bulk buying of storable food as a potential indication of terrorist activity.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.