Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

This topic contains 133 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Gigabelly 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Andrew

[ATTACH=CONFIG]694[/ATTACH]
    Doomsday Preppers November 13th

PhilTheBiker

Oh, i wonder if they found more ‘crazy’ people or if they found people that are more realistic in their prepping.

Andrew

Definatelly crazy people. Crazy people bring in viewers and keep the ratings up.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 7671 wrote:

Definatelly crazy people. Crazy people bring in viewers and keep the ratings up.

so very true. But there is usually something to learn with every episode. Even if it’s something as simple as ‘I never thought of using a can opener like that’..

JulioTheSavage

Will be watching even if the people are a little more to the extreme side of things. I like to support shows like this that are not the run of the mill “reality” shows.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Looking forward to the new season, although I think some of the ideology is a tad bit more radical than I see it, I do admire these people’s level of preparedness, strategies and self sufficiency.

PhilTheBiker

Season 2 has started….. First family was interesting….. Lots of good ideas between the farm and animals and setup…

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@philthebiker 7880 wrote:

Season 2 has started….. First family was interesting….. Lots of good ideas between the farm and animals and setup…

I’m watching it to and it seems that the so called “experts” have gotten more critical in their grading process. Interesting food preps focused on diabetics with the second family not to mention Heather was kinda cute 😉

PhilTheBiker

I’m watching the Cowboy game but dvr the prep show. Flipped over for a bit while being frustrated.

darksmith

I think far fewer people are laughing at preppers these days than they were pre-Sandy.

As it stands, whenever I go to the store and pick up more canned goods, 50 at a time, the cashier ALWAYS makes a comment. Sometimes, its “Are you one of those Doomsday Preppers?” I laugh. Other times, folks have asked, “Are you stocking up for the winter?” I smile and say yes I am. Its funny how different people asking essentially the same question can come across as ignorant or intelligent. Anyway, I don’t have the “good” channels these days (like Nat Geo); with a 5-month old and lots of preps coming in, I’ve had to make sacrifices. Still, I’ll enjoy watching what I can online when it becomes available.

JulioTheSavage

I like watching the show because it’s entertaining but some of these people are clowns. They don’t have a clue what a life or death situation is like. The way some of them talk about defending themselves you can tell they have never been in a serious confrontation with another person or group of people. They don’t know reality. They would get chewed up and spit out. Sorry but pepper spray ain’t stopping a lot people. It makes me sick when I see them throw punches or kicks like a little girl. They look weak and pitiful. Seems like they get so caught up in collecting food they forget about their health and physical fitness. All their prepping ain’t gonna mean ish if they die because of a heart attack. Bet Some of them couldn’t make it a block with or without a pack before passing out. Some of these people make people who are the real deal look bad. Ok I’m done. But I still watch :D.

PhilTheBiker

“the time of reckoning” was on. Wow, crazy. First family had a huge compound. I’d love to have that much property, think they said 700 acres. Just to get away from neighbors and craziness of society (to a point, not interested in being a hermit). I thought the water source was pretty amazing. Had no clue about the under ground water in Texas.

I thought the rifle the six year old had was nice. Not sure what it was but they said he could hit a target at 100 yards. I think it might be a 10/22.

It was good to see the safe learning environment at the indoor gun range with proper experience.

I wasn’t sure what to think about the goat slaughter. I’m not sure a six year old should be slaughtering a goat. The kid looked like he was scared. The skinning part wasn’t as bad for the kids probably because the 17 year old was taking care of it.

The entire chemical weapon scanning was a little excessive. Talk about terrorizing your family. Guess I’ll be the one dieing in a bio attack.

Overall, some interesting aspects of prepping.

JulioTheSavage

Ok after watching Doomsday Preppers I’m convinced they are more a danger to themselves or each other than to the enemy. Atleast some of them are.

otis302

The thing about these people is that they have deep pockets they can afford the extremes I can afford to have the very basics and will trust the land to feed me after that and the fact that the boy was 6 is not a issue we all had to endure that as I was growing up after all we are talking about prepping molly coddling is not being prepared.

DCortez

I was surprised how fast the main guy turned against his friend. Gun expert, or however he described himself, should have taught his friend better. Also, why wasn’t he or his daughter training the younger girl?

I’d make other plans.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.