Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Doomsday Preppers on Nat Geo

This topic contains 133 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Gigabelly 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

@dcortez 8999 wrote:

I was surprised how fast the main guy turned against his friend. Gun expert, or however he described himself, should have taught his friend better. Also, why wasn’t he or his daughter training the younger girl?

I’d make other plans.

He did turn on his “friend” real fast. If they behave this way during training I would hate see them in a real SHTF situation.

PhilTheBiker

@juliothesavage 9000 wrote:

He did turn on his “friend” real fast. If they behave this way during training I would hate see them in a real SHTF situation.

It is rare that I think they ‘Hollywood’ up a scene, but I have to think this may have been one of those times. That’s my only thought.

PhilTheBiker

Did anyone watch the “Escape from New York City” Doomsday Preppers that was on most recently?

Man, after watching that I need to get myself out of the area where I live. 10 more days and counting, unless work extends my contract then I’ll need to wait till I land a job up north.

Andrew

@philthebiker 9432 wrote:

Did anyone watch the “Escape from New York City” Doomsday Preppers that was on most recently?

Man, after watching that I need to get myself out of the area where I live. 10 more days and counting, unless work extends my contract then I’ll need to wait till I land a job up north.

Haven’t seen it. Will have to download it. What happened to make you want to move?

PhilTheBiker

Just the numbers and numbers of people. Since I live in the greater Baltimore Area I deal with these types of people all the time. Today I did not ride my motorcycle to work 🙁 and if I had to get home I would be stuck in the traffic. The more and more I go up to PA to my new home and get things ready, the more and more I appreciate the fact that I have an exit plan and leaving soon.

JulioTheSavage

@philthebiker 9438 wrote:

Just the numbers and numbers of people. Since I live in the greater Baltimore Area I deal with these types of people all the time. Today I did not ride my motorcycle to work 🙁 and if I had to get home I would be stuck in the traffic. The more and more I go up to PA to my new home and get things ready, the more and more I appreciate the fact that I have an exit plan and leaving soon.

I recorded that episode but haven’t watched it yet. I’m gonna have watch it today now. You sparked my interest since I live in a densely populated area myself. Difference is I can’t leave. So I gotta prepare the best I can for whatever wicked this way comes.

DCortez

I don’t think any of the three preppers on the last show would make it. Bug in until you think enough people have starved to death would be my plan.

snowninja62

@gigabelly 1729 wrote:

While I was working out this morning I spotted an advertisement for a new series on National Geographics called Doomsday Preppers. Now I don’t know what anyone else thinks of this, but it seems to fly in the face of OpSec logic. Other shows that were produced in the past about prepping seemed to accentuate the insane fringe and suggest that the whole of the prepper community is slightly unhinged. I remember when they we looking for preppers for this series a few months back and they were having trouble getting anyone to participate. I know I wasn’t about to. Who want to open themselves up to ridicule and alert everyone around them to their preps?

Glenn Beck has a new series starting tonight called Independence USA on his GBTV network. That, I think, looks like it will be worth watching and I certainly will. I think that this one will be informative and give us ideas on prepping ourselves. The Nat Geo one seems to simply be mocking them/us. Of course I have not seen it as it airs on Feb 8th, I think. If the past is a portent and we can assume this Nat Geo show will be like others produced in the past, it may be hard to watch.

All of this begs the question: Does this mean we are becoming a little more mainstream?

seems that we are becoming more advertised….i myself wouldnt be on that show though….neither of them….our water supply is somewhat low atm….and a few members have been slacking in recent 2 months give or take……but our group -zopst ….will be definitely ready nonetheless….but i find some of those preppers to be either too extreme or lacking in efficiency….we are kinda lacking atm as well…as you can tell from our introduction video…was done with major amateur video productive skills….but soon hopefully we are getting a professional filming group to make introduction video for us to make way more profesional….

ZOPST Introduction – YouTube this is video if you wish to see our starter introduction video 🙂

firemedic4

Thank you, just who are these experts!? From watching the show, I believe they are “TV” experts and the show does not portray your average survival minded person.
    Maybe these “experts” can give me a few tips.

PhilTheBiker

So I just found that people have been uploading Doomsday Preppers episodes to youtube.

Not sure how long this link will work but I searched for Doomsday Preppers S02E12.

PhilTheBiker

Another interested episode.

Again, not sure how long it will last before youtube pulls it.

Few key things I picked up. The first family, wow, umm, pretty sure that was ‘produced’, who the heck would use that much tanzinite and I’m sure using that much broke some sort of state or federal law and now it’s recorded for all to see. The camo system the second guy used was very interesting. The last part with the lady and the bartering made me think about what I should already be doing.

Just like any other Doomsday Prepper episode, you might get one or two little tidbits, or something will turn the gears in your head and make you think about something you already do and how you could do it better.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Yeah that was definitely an illegal dosage of tannerlite! I do believe that anything over 25lbs is against federal law. What aggravates me is producers of this show should be looking into this stuff and working to protect those that agree to be on the show from doing anything incriminating. It really hurt me to see that nice toyota being blown up like that, hell I’d drive that back and forth to work or use it on my deer lease at least.

DCortez

Watched last night’s episode, S3/E5, didn’t care for it. Seems NatGeo is stretching.

DCortez

Another disappointing episode, imho.

PhilTheBiker

I wish Netflix would pick these up or Xfinity online.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.