Every Day Carry (EDC)

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Every Day Carry (EDC)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Andrew

There are sites out there dedicated to Every Day Carry. I figured it would be interesting to see what the members here are ZLyptic have for EDC.

If you chose to post your EDC please include a brief description of what the items are and, if desired, why you choose to carry them everyday.

I will start by posting mine.

Note: Apparently I need to provide a better description of what EDC is.

Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness. It should not be confused with conceal or open carry.

Andrew

This is not a great picture but it is my Civilian EDC.

– Ray Ban Sunglasses
    – Tactical Pen with Glass Breaker
    – Aluminum Metal Cross (reminder what is important)
    – Wedding Band (reminder what is 2nd most important)
    – Burts Bee Lip Balm
    – Black Leather Business Card Holder
    – Casio Protrek Watch
    – D Ring with Knife, Saw, LED light and Keys (House, Office and Car)
    – Schrade Professionals 1st Response with Spring Assist
    – Samsung Galaxy S3 with Brushed Aluminum Slim Case (leather slip case under phone)
    – Ballistic nylon Nike Wallet with integral money clip
    – Ruger LCP with MIC Holster (http://www.glocktech.com/)
    – Glock 27 with MIC Holster (http://www.glocktech.com/)

JulioTheSavage

This is my EDC. I can’t CC like you so I have I to use a leather planner with a holster in the back panel that goes to work with me.
    Black Leather concealment Planner(Yes I do consider this EDC)
    Glock 19C w extra magazine
    Leather wallet
    Streamlight Stylus Pro
    Cheap LG phone for work
    Blackhawk Be-Wharned folder
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]565[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566[/ATTACH]

otis302

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567[/ATTACH] Glock 23 and a attitude

PhilTheBiker

Not legal to carry in Maryland, so I don’t. I work in a much safer place now, however, I do have a baton that extends.

Andrew

Apparently I need to provide a better description of what EDC is.

Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness. It should not be confused with conceal or open carry. For example see post #2

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 6588 wrote:

Apparently I need to provide a better description of what EDC is.

Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness. It should not be confused with conceal or open carry. For example see post #2

Disregard anything might have posted in response to your post. I Misunderstood what you were saying. I get it now.

PhilTheBiker

My motorcycle has a small tool kit. I always have a leather jacket on when riding as well as a full face helmet. I also have a U-Shape lock and a 3.5 foot long steel cable that I use to lock my bike to a pole. So i do have some every day carry items that can do something if needed. I also almost always have food with me because I rarely don’t take lunch with me to work.

Now EDC for the weekends. We’ll, I try to ride my motorcycle every place because I love it. But in the car I have an air compressor, some bungee cords, and usually a 8 – 10 foot tow strap.

Andrew

@juliothesavage 6589 wrote:

Disregard anything might have posted in response to your post. I Misunderstood what you were saying. I get it now.

No worries. Post up your EDC when you get a chance.

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 6728 wrote:

No worries. Post up your EDC when you get a chance.

It’s posted up.

pelon9mm

Mine is fairly basic wallet phone smith&wesson m&p9 at least 2 clips sometimes 4 oh yeah keys .

chief

always have these with me 3 knives 2 folding 1 russel neck knife,a carabiner,a full sized muti tool and at least one minitool,3 flashlights,safety glasses tinted,pen, taraus 905 ,4 addditional full moon clips,NAA 22lr 12-15 ft paracord,phone and ICS booklet and write inthe rain notepad.My wife jokes that my pants wiegh 20 pounds.But they are items I have needed and used over the years.

hillfolk

@chief 8606 wrote:

always have these with me 3 knives 2 folding 1 russel neck knife,a carabiner,a full sized muti tool and at least one minitool,3 flashlights,safety glasses tinted,pen, taraus 905 ,4 addditional full moon clips,NAA 22lr 12-15 ft paracord,phone and ICS booklet and write inthe rain notepad.My wife jokes that my pants wiegh 20 pounds.But they are items I have needed and used over the years.

I’m sorry but this seems incredibly excessive. Do you carry all of this on your person? This could constitute a small back pack’s worth of gear. Could you leave some of the stuff that you “might” need in your vehicle and carry the things you “probably” need on you? When are you going to be in a fight and say, “hold on one second, Mr. Bad Guy, sir. I want to cycle through my 3 knives and 2 multitools to determine the best weapon for neutralizing you as a threat.” I believe in the one is none and two is one thing, but this is ridiculous.

Andrew

@chief 8606 wrote:

Post a picture up of all the stuff you carry. Depending on how you carry it a long list of items is surprisingly managable.

PhilTheBiker

(The photo to go with my post above)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]815[/ATTACH]

I ride a motorcycle to work 19 out of 20 working days. While I don’t carry much on me the above is a photo I took just before I left my house today of items I do carry. The hat is only because it’s winter.

2 flash lights
    small folding pocket knife
    bungee cord
    house keys
    bike keys on non-load-bearing clip
    head phones
    ear plugs
    wheel lock
    bicycle lock with 3 foot cable
    wallet

Items not in the picture is my work id badge, my lunch, and I usually carry a collapsible baton but I needed that yesterday. In addition there is a small tool kit on my motorcycle with various metric wrenches, screw driver, and other tools. I always have a leather jacket (on really hot days I switch to a mesh jacket), riding boots, helmet, and gauntlet style gloves.

Things I should carry but do not own: Flat tire repair kit, air pump.

For better or not, that’s all i’ve got.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.