Every Day Carry (EDC)

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Every Day Carry (EDC)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

otis302

That is way to much shit to carry every day, do you carry all your loved ones as well? There is a point thats over kill I think you carry enough to get to your main stash along with your family. I totaly agree hill. I mean when you need it and go to grap it with all that how can you possibley be consistant every time. That is a prime example of some one who does not pratice what they preach.

PhilTheBiker

Otis, at first I thought you were talking about me. Considering I use the cable lock everyday and the wheel lock, the only items I don’t use every day are the small flash lights, small knife, bungee cord, and bike tools I’m not carrying much. Never know when you need a bungee. It gets dark now on my ride home so if my bike breaks down I have a flash light. Never know when you need a knife, and tools are under the seat and pretty standard on a bike. I use the ear plugs when I ride long distances but the short ride to work I don’t. The no load bearing clip clamps onto my bag so i don’t lose my keys.

I’m guessing your talking about chief, because I feel under prepped.

Andrew

I still want to see a picture of all the stuff chief carries. It might be doable depending on how he carries.

Jerseygal

Hi, a friend posted her EDC, with pictures! Take a look! http://fundamentalrefounding.ning.com/forum/topics/my-edc-so-far This gal just began prepping. Great description of EDC, too.

PhilTheBiker

That really is a nice setup. One of the things that i’ve been struggling with is actually keeping the kit with me. When I ride the motorcycle it’s not a problem. When I’m not on the motorcycle lately it’s been what’s on my key chain. Small LED flash light, 2″ blade folding knife. Other than that, my cell phone. I feel pretty naked without my motorcycle bag that has a few extra items or even the tools that are on my bike.

ICF_Hooligan

@andrew.anderson 8893 wrote:

I still want to see a picture of all the stuff chief carries. It might be doable depending on how he carries.

lol, me too… seems a bit, uh, odd

ICF_Hooligan

@philthebiker 9793 wrote:

That really is a nice setup. One of the things that i’ve been struggling with is actually keeping the kit with me. When I ride the motorcycle it’s not a problem. When I’m not on the motorcycle lately it’s been what’s on my key chain. Small LED flash light, 2″ blade folding knife. Other than that, my cell phone. I feel pretty naked without my motorcycle bag that has a few extra items or even the tools that are on my bike.

i loive having saddlebags on my bike, no issue having everything i need

Jerseygal

Thanks Phil. I’m glad you checked it out. We are just beginning to have a SHTF and prep component on that site, and I hope you got to take a peek at the prepare page. http://fundamentalrefounding.ning.com/page/prepare Those items are all ones that the Admin there either owns, or would like to own. He did this as a service to the members, and the sites is not compensated in any way for it.

Jerseygal

I just saw this item reviewed, and ordered one. http://fundamentalrefounding.ning.com/forum/topics/the-pak-lite-9v-led-light

Whether a SHTF scenario, or an extended power outage due to extreme weather, this is one nifty light! A full review of it is linked above!

Argartis

Well mine’s not totally constant. Also, I am a college student and under legal age to carry handguns in my state, so I make do with the limitations I have.
    But I always have my wallet, keys, a peanut lighter (check it for fullness every few days), and a small multi-tool with a flashlight. Yes I know its a cheapo, but its served me well many times. Also I usually have my cell phone, and if I’m wearing my boots, some paracord as laces. (The bag was just my base, not part of my EDC at this level)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1305[/ATTACH]

Then I have a few optional pieces. A Zippo lighter, checked almost every time before I take it, a small Kissing Crane knife, and a paracord bracelet I made.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1306[/ATTACH]

Finally is my full EDC. All above, but also with prescription sun glasses with case, a browning folding knife, 80 lumen led flashlight (check battery one a week usually), flashdrive with paracord tail, a black bandanna, a mini pry bar, and a useful urban items kit. All of this goes with me along with an assortment of pens and pencils in the messenger bag that everything is laying on.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1307[/ATTACH]

And to be thorough, here are the contents of my useful items kit. It’s in a mint tin, not Altoids though, that’s too mainstream. :p Inside I have a small mirror duct taped to the top, thread and a needle to the bottom. I have about 3 feet of duct tape wound on a bit of plastic, nail clippers, salt and pepper packets, a dental pick, q-tip, 2 quarters, sharpened pencil stub and a bit of cut paper slips, 2 band aids and a medicine pack (containing 2 Imodium, 2 cold and allergy pills, 2 mints, 2 pepto bismol pills, and 4 ibuprofen).
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1308[/ATTACH]

In winter I also add a scarf, pair of gloves, and a coat 😉 to this.

Andrew

Argartis, that was a great write up! It challenged me to update my EDC write up and photos since mine has changed since I origionaly posted it on here. I will have to do so when I return home.

Argartis

@andrew.anderson 12900 wrote:

Argartis, that was a great write up! It challenged me to update my EDC write up and photos since mine has changed since I origionaly posted it on here. I will have to do so when I return home.

😎 Awesome! Glad to be a source of inspiration!

Andrew

Andrew

Andrew

I should have mentioend this months ago but I bought a peanut lighter after reading Argartis’s Great write up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.