Finding food after SHTF

Home Forums Survival Skills Finding food after SHTF

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigpaul 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bigpaul

not sure if this is the right place to put this but someone may find this useful. Find Food After SHTF – Geek Prepper

alwayscross

A place not a lot of people would think of is a fish and chip store, they have large supplies of pickled food (Eggs, onions, ect). May not seem like much but eggs are an amazing source of protein and very filling.

bigpaul

don’t forget ROAD KILL …have had some good meals from this…mainly pheasant but also venison. there is a guy in Devon who eats only roadkill meat and has done so for years.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I don’t about the whole road kill thing… How many cars are going to be on the road after SHTF happens? Hard to say but I doubt I’d be driving to work not to mention roaming the roads might become dangerous.

Basically what the article from the link is suggesting is to loot. Where I’m from looters have a short life span and if you plan on looting why bother prepping at all.

bigpaul

I don’t agree with looting as such, that’s why I have food stores so I don’t have to, but if you came across say a truck stop long after SHTF on your travels you mean you wouldn’t check the vending machines or the café area?

alwayscross

Looting may not bed an option, so you might have to prepare for if you have to. In the event of having to bug out and move position you might run across a store, supplies are supplies and will save your life.

bigpaul

@alwayscross 19807 wrote:

In the event of having to bug out and move position you might run across a store, supplies are supplies and will save your life.

exactly, if you came across a store maybe a village shop or a small filling station with a store then it only makes sense to check it out.

otis302

I am lucky enough to live where game is plentiful and so is lots of land as for stores when there is a panic wide spread there wont be much of any thing except people who would rather take it from you you need a plan A-B and C.

bigpaul

I’m not so sure, some of the places mentioned in the link could get overlooked in the general panic by the masses, it certainly makes sense to check such places if I ever came across one in my scouting post SHTF.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.