Home Forums Homesteading gardening

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  azurevirus 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

azurevirus

I returned a tool to my friend I borrowed yesterday and talked with his son who is really a good guitar player..what I didnt know but found out by the boy taking me out back is hes a pretty good gardener..he started a garden last yr as he couldnt and still cant find work ..this was his first ever garden and it was a success..the thing is he just did it to try gardening..this yr he plans on a much larger one..we and his father who came home while we were talking is all for it..we plan on doing it here on the campground as there is much more area ..hopefully his wife will get onboard with the idea and do alot of the canning..currently we are talking about a 2 or 3 acre garden..I hope he doesnt change his mind as that size garden should provide enough vegetables once canned for the winter for all of us and then some.

vbreferee

My problem with gardening is that I don’t like to eat most of the things I can grow. I guess it is my cross to bear being a picky vegetable eater. I’m sure if I were starving I would hold my nose and get it down. We do plan on planting fruit trees and sunflowers; maybe some other nut trees. Canning will be new to us, so not sure how that will go.

PhilTheBiker

My wife does not eat vegetables other than potatoes and corn and ice burg lattes. So it limits what I can do, however, should I ever get enough property to do something with more than a square foot garden I plan on growing a lot as well as food for some animals so I don’t have to buy feed. Rabbit, sheep, goat, pig, chicken, I don’t know but whatever it is, it will be tasty!

Hubbylicious

Was not a big VEGGIE fan until My wife and I started using a steamer……it really changes the flavor.

PhilTheBiker

@hubbylicious 3341 wrote:

Was not a big VEGGIE fan until My wife and I started using a steamer……it really changes the flavor.

Do you have any recipes? My wife has a book about how to hide veggies in other foods. Crazy stuff like putting coli-flower in mashed potatoes and what not. But she doesn’t do it often.

azurevirus

I havent had steamed veggies in so long, your right when you say they are better steamed..coli-flower is better for you than E.coli-flower..so shes watching out for ya!

James 007

Hello i am here i just want to say you here that i am professional in gardening and i am doing this business from many years actually i like gardening and this is also my hobby to do this business i deals in all gardening equipment and have the best quality of gardening and all the accessories

James 007

@James 007 17737 wrote:

Hello i am here i just want to say you here that i am professional in gardening and i am doing this business from many years actually i like gardening and this is also my hobby to do this business i deals in all gardening equipment and have the best quality of gardening and all the accessories

Well Sorry actually i forgot to said that anybody have some more information about Landscaping supplies Black town please share here for the other users …

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.