Getting to your bug out location?

Home Forums Planning & Preparation Getting to your bug out location?

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Anjilo smith 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

Just because you LOL’d I went to go find the video I saw in the past of cats swimming. And my cat is weird anyway. When you are in the shower she jumps up between the shower curtains and watches you shower. The sink in the bathroom drips and her head is always wet because she likes to drink the water dripping. Heck, my cat will even play fetch! I toss her toy up the stairs and she’ll knock it down the stairs. One time I was at the top of the stairs and tossed the toy down the stairs, she chased it. Then brought it back to me.

I swear my cat thinks she is a lab! She also likes to go for rides in the car. Photo of my cat on my snuggy 🙂
    375447_10150576625295081_527420080_11114915_553013  396_n.jpg

And video of cats swimming with life vests.

Jhrdwyn

OMG That video is a hoot :D. I *still* have a scar from trying to bath our cat – he was *not* amused.

I think it’s time for you and DH to sit your boo-boo down and explain the diff between cat and dogs; maybe use visual aids LOL

PhilTheBiker

@jhrdwyn 2877 wrote:

OMG That video is a hoot :D. I *still* have a scar from trying to bath our cat – he was *not* amused.

I think it’s time for you and DH to sit your boo-boo down and explain the diff between cat and dogs; maybe use visual aids LOL

This stuff is amazing for giving the cat a bath.
    http://reviews.petco.com/3554/5363/miracle-coat-miracle-coat-foaming-waterless-shampoo-for-cats-reviews/reviews.htm

Also, i have had our cat on a motorcycle in the pits at the race track before. She doesn’t mind the noise. People bring their dogs to the track, I bring a cat.

Me on the race track
    46672_479093745080_527420080_6918015_5951823_n.jpg

My cat on the bike waiting for me. It doesn’t matter if the bike is running or not, she’ll jump on it. I have a video of me riding with her in my lap around the pits at the race track someplace. And she loves playing with dogs.
    65044_10150700043485081_1122904497_n.jpg

Jhrdwyn

@philthebiker 2884 wrote:

This stuff is amazing for giving the cat a bath.
    http://reviews.petco.com/3554/5363/miracle-coat-miracle-coat-foaming-waterless-shampoo-for-cats-reviews/reviews.htm

Also, i have had our cat on a motorcycle in the pits at the race track before. She doesn’t mind the noise. People bring their dogs to the track, I bring a cat.

Me on the race track
    46672_479093745080_527420080_6918015_5951823_n.jpg

My cat on the bike waiting for me. It doesn’t matter if the bike is running or not, she’ll jump on it. I have a video of me riding with her in my lap around the pits at the race track someplace. And she loves playing with dogs.
    65044_10150700043485081_1122904497_n.jpg

OMG You have to find that LOL – We had a Maine-coon cat who thought he was a dog; but I guess all but the Manx have been like that. Our Siamese (the biter) was the worse, he played fetch just like a dog!

http://www.tennesseemountainhideouts.com/ go here for a place that is simple and beautiful.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@anthony_antuan 3378 wrote:

http://www.tennesseemountainhideouts.com/ go here for a place that is simple and beautiful.

I need something like this for the state of Texas.

tcindie

@teknabuzz 3381 wrote:

I need something like this for the state of Texas.

http://www.survivalrealty.com/united-states/texas/

😉

gandalfied

I’m one of those folks using the waterways. We have so many canals that connect with various rivers the intercoastal waterway etc. During the last few years I. Traveled on each of these waterways in my area, and I also managed to establish a few bug out spots that are accessable only via the waterways. I have buried a few inflatable rafts in case I have issues with my canoes. My family has run a few drills & I think we will avoid the crazy car traffic easily. We have traveled over 400 miles using these same waterways we can get access to most of the cities in our state no problem. I even mapped out the locaions of food sources, fuel sources, car dealerships etc. I hope we are ready.

PhilTheBiker

@gandalfied 5920 wrote:

I’m one of those folks using the waterways. We have so many canals that connect with various rivers the intercoastal waterway etc. During the last few years I. Traveled on each of these waterways in my area, and I also managed to establish a few bug out spots that are accessable only via the waterways. I have buried a few inflatable rafts in case I have issues with my canoes. My family has run a few drills & I think we will avoid the crazy car traffic easily. We have traveled over 400 miles using these same waterways we can get access to most of the cities in our state no problem. I even mapped out the locaions of food sources, fuel sources, car dealerships etc. I hope we are ready.

Sounds like you have a plan and have tested some of it out. We all hope it doesn’t come down to something crazy like this, but it’s good to be ready!

Papaswamp

If your bug out location is more than half a tank of gas away you won’t make it (assuming you live in a suburban urban local and have little warning about the impending disaster). Having been through numerous hurricanes, I can tell you roads clog quickly and gas at gas stations is gone just as quick. Wasting time waiting in line for fuel means you are less likely to get where you need to. Travel times are tripled to quadrupled and fuel efficiency on a fully loaded vehicle can be cut by a third. points about bridges and choke points are extremely important. Taking less traveled local back roads are sometimes the best option. Have an excellent set of maps (including topographic) just in case you have to go on foot.
    As to flotation devices for you water crossers…think inner tube and a pump. Yes it takes some energy to inflate it (solar powered/vehicle battery for the lazy people) but you can load your BOB/GHB into the middle and swim/float across.

Your definitely super ready, where in south Florida are you? (gan)

bigpaul

living where I do most British preppers say I have bugged out already, but I have places to go in all points of the compass, if one way is blocked I simply go in another direction, no major roads and no large rivers in the way and most townies would get lost on foot very quickly, a lot of places don’t even have signposts.

alwayscross

Im never to far away from home and always have my EDC on me, worst case an hours walk away. So im okay, I know every road and route to my home as well. I dont want to take a vehicle back as it increases attention, I just would feel safer taking lesser known paths away from the panic.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Right now I’m working right at 60 miles from home so this one would be a tough one just to make it back it home.

PhilTheBiker

Life has changed a lot for me. I currently live at my bug out location 🙂

If I had to leave the village I would simply go to some family that lives within 50 miles of here. Chances of me leaving are slim to none. Being in my 30’s I can only imagine that I’ll grow old here in the village until I eventually die.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.