Greenhouse ideas

Home Forums Homesteading Greenhouse ideas

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  PhilTheBiker 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

So living further north I’ve been thinking of a greenhouse so I can plant earlier in the year. I was thinking traditional stand alone building and then came across this.

Ceres Energy Efficient Greenhouses

Specifically I really like the seasonal porch conversion into a garden idea. The company has some other things going on, but I was simply looking at the design aspects. I like the integration of the greenhouse into the house. I’m going to give this some more thought.

But without bees how do you get pollination… That’s the only aspect I don’t fully understand. Guess I need a bee hive 🙂

PhilTheBiker

Ok, I’m still on this green house kick. I’m trying to narrow down exactly what I would like to grow year round and how much space I would like to use to grow it.

So far I think I would like:
    Kale (because I can feed it to the rabbits to reduce rabbit feed costs and it’s super easy to grow).
    3 Beef tomato plants because I can can them into salsa and spaghetti sauce. (Should produce enough tomaotes to can 3 – 5 quarts every month)
    1 cherry tomato plant because I like the 🙂 (should produce enough to fill my belly!)
    1 or 2 cucumber plants (1 – 4 cucumbers a week is more than I’ll eat)
    4 potato plants (Should produce 20 pounds or potatoes after 4 months)

So I’m trying to figure out a cost effective way to build a green house. Here is a floor plan idea.

Anyone here ever done a green house before?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2611[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

Oh, found some new plans for green houses.

http://green-greenhouses.com/2011/07/20/lean-to-greenhouses/

I like this one:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2666[/ATTACH]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.