How fit are you ?

Home Forums Survival Skills How fit are you ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 58 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Darkknight 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Darkknight

Surely the need to run fast, climb or jumb requires fitness in zombies situation, so How physical fit are you for zombie apocalypse ?

Alonso1

I know I can run (jog) at least 6 miles cross country with an AR and a basic load of ammo. Have not tried to climb anything with my gear in quite a while. I think I’m in better shape than a lot of people in my age bracket (early 40’s) but I would be no match for teenage and 20 year old zombies.

Google the Pecos Run N Gun. That’s a good place to test yourself and equipment. I also have some good information about a gun range in central Texas that is developing a zombie themed shooting event. It’s will include pistol and rifle work and I heard the course will be around 4 miles long. I’ll post something as I hear more about it.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@alonso1 1925 wrote:

I know I can run (jog) at least 6 miles cross country with an AR and a basic load of ammo. Have not tried to climb anything with my gear in quite a while. I think I’m in better shape than a lot of people in my age bracket (early 40’s) but I would be no match for teenage and 20 year old zombies.

Google the Pecos Run N Gun. That’s a good place to test yourself and equipment. I also have some good information about a gun range in central Texas that is developing a zombie themed shooting event. It’s will include pistol and rifle work and I heard the course will be around 4 miles long. I’ll post something as I hear more about it.

I’m not even sure I could jog that far at this point without getting back into shape before hand mainly the emphasis of running long distances.

For example today at work I carried 2 2 ton chainfalls to the top of the reactor over my shoulder using a stairway to get about 150 feet off the ground. (My calves was burning when I got to the top!) Then I had to bolt up a flange using a 3 1/8 combination wrench that weighs about 30lbs. And daily all throughout the day I’m pulling up tools and materials weighing up to about 50lbs up to my work area with a rope. For my size I’ve got an awesome amount of upper body strength but I really lack any strength in my legs.

azurevirus

Im not in zombie eluding shape for sure..since my plan is to bug in and make my stand here..now if things go from bad to worse and I feel I have to leave, thats why I got the atv..I started thinking mods on it today..make both racks larger for more area..go to 6 ply rubber to hold the extra weight..hopefully the atv will carry me/loaded backpack and 100 lbs of supplies 1/4 mi to the woodline and beyond..not too far as I want to sneak back to the edge of the treeline and watch what I can with my binoculars to keep an eye on things like # of ppl armed & walking or the number of cars going by..how they are loaded..etc..get all the info I can..and eventually decide a course of action

Darkknight

You’r in super shape…6 miles! wow, i jog only 1 and half mile but can hold good pace ( not flat out) for nearly 300 meters. i hit Gym for strength training 3 days a week and kata practise everyday (martial arts ) in dojo.

Alonso1

I’m happy with the cardio but lacking the upper body strength. Maybe I can catch a zombie and let TeknaBuzz crush him:D

DCortez

Although I’m a blue collar worker, I’m in horrible shape. Mentally, I’m used to long hours, lots of stress, outrageous deadlines, and goal driven, even with no end in sight.

Gigabelly

I’ve got 2 metal hips so running is forbidden for me. I really loved running but it is the reason I have two artificial hips. That and I broke my back playing high school football out in West Texas where I grew up. In spite of all that, I am starting my fourth trip through P90X. I couldn’t do it last year because I needed the second hip redone. I had it done last month and am gearing up to restarting P90X. If you’ve never tried it and are interested in doing so, let me know. It will get you in shape a lot faster than most things. Plus, it is done in your house and your not going to the gym and be self concious, like many people are. Anyway, I admire those who can do the runs, I used to love em. Now I am restricted so I gotta get in the best shape I can to compensate.

David White

My fat butt is going to be in trouble during the ZomPac! I am a two pack a day smoker with injuries so I wont be going to far!

PhilTheBiker

I can always be more fit, but I’m pretty sure I could cover 2 miles in 18 minutes on foot, after that, well, I’m zombie bait. I could probably cover a max of 15 miles with a 25 pound pack and 8 pound rifle in a day, maybe more depending on terrain.

azurevirus

I hate running now as its too hard on the old knees but I can walk pretty good as I actually enjoy that..now if the zombies are like the ones in the original Night of the living dead aka (super slomo)I think I might get by for awhile but as the days pass…and the more I read on the web and watch on the news..Im afraid the zombies will be wearing full body armor with auto weapons and be half my age and have helicopter back up..and a tank or two

00_Jackie

I’ve been wanting to try the P90X.
    I have never been a runner, thats why I have to stand my ground! 🙂

00_Jackie

@azurevirus 4569 wrote:

the more I read on the web and watch on the news..Im afraid the zombies will be wearing full body armor with auto weapons and be half my age and have helicopter back up..and a tank or two

I have been thinking the exact same thing! I believe it will be our GOvernment.

vbreferee

The shape I am in is Round. Round is a shape, and that is the shape I am in. I hated to run when I had to do it. The only line I run to anymore is the buffet line. Pathetic, admittedly, but true. Two knee surgeries and a valiant effort in trying to make Anheuser-Busch stock go up have not helped.

I will hunker down with lots of ammo, and protect the rear flank while you are all bugging out.

PhilTheBiker

the Rear Flank in my case is Washington DC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.