How fit are you ?

Home Forums Survival Skills How fit are you ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 58 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Darkknight 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Andrew

@teknabuzz 13055 wrote:

So my point here is that having lots of physical activity can take a toll on your body if you’re not taking other steps to ensure good health.

That is true. You are refering to work though. I think if you mix in 2-4 workouts a week you will find that you are not as worn out from work. Of course there will be a 4-6 week transition period where you are just utterly exhausted from both working and working out. You just have to man through that though.

Andrew

@teknabuzz 13055 wrote:

They eat better diets, and I’m sure they go to bed way before I do.

THose are my two issues. I have to me up in a little over 6.5 hours and I would have went o bed an hour ago. Instead I am sitting here using the computer eating gobstoppers.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 13061 wrote:

That is true. You are refering to work though. I think if you mix in 2-4 workouts a week you will find that you are not as worn out from work. Of course there will be a 4-6 week transition period where you are just utterly exhausted from both working and working out. You just have to man through that though.

In the past when I’ve improved diet and rest at the same time of starting work out routines it took far less more 10-14 days before I started feeling much better.

Andrew

I must be old. It takes be 4-6 week for the new workout routine to settle down and not cause me to want more sleep or be exhausted.

Andrew

I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday. Due to my Shoulder injury I had not ran since February. It was painfully slow and painful. Goint to run again today. Hoping to run (not walk) a 10k at the end of June.

otis302

hmmm I can make it to the bathroom and to the fridge and back on the couch before the commercial is over.

Andrew

@otis302 14126 wrote:

hmmm I can make it to the bathroom and to the fridge and back on the couch before the commercial is over.

You have to start somewhere.

boisdarc

i feel like right now i am very fat- oh wait this is supposed to be fit. Did you do your 10k? I haven’t even done a 5k yet, was hoping to this year, and may in fall.

Andrew

I did not compete int he 10k I was going to run in. It was on Jun 29th (Last Saturday). My sister and here three kids whee visiting and she would have wanted to compete. That would have left my wife with 6 kids under 10 to contend with. I figured competing would have been a bad marriage decision.

boisdarc

I hit about 2.5 or maybe a little less yesterday, short run but hot-about as hot as 2 rats f*&king in a wool sock. Probably not as hot as Texas or North Kackilacky, but definitely warm. Been thinking about running in the morning before work, but I already get up at like 5:45 and hate waking up that early.

boisdarc

anybody interested in doing a weekly log of how many miles they are putting in? Or something along that line?

PhilTheBiker

If you have a smart phone we could all use ‘my fitness pal’ and partner up with one another. It’ll measure more than just miles.

firemedic4

For an old guy, not too bad. Strength train in the fire department gym with my daughter 3 days a week, jog , bike, walk the other 4 days. My cardio includes a heavy bag workout. Bench press my own weight, do a 9 minute mile and lead a healthy lifestyle. Not only is the physical aspect important, the mental aspect is critical. Could you kill another human being to protect yourself and loved ones. Would I hesitate and possibly lose the fight? Would I make a good decision? Developing the proper mindset!

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

For all my bad habbits, poor diet and always functioning off of lack of proper amounts of sleep the only thing that keeps in somewhat of decent shape is work. I’m on my feet probably walking many mile’s a day and going up ladders and stairs. For the last 3 or 4 months now I’ve been a supervision position in which I don’t do much manual labor like I’m used to doing. I used to do a little at home PT a few times a week but work really has taken me for all I got time for.

boisdarc

@ Philthebiker, I have a droid and almost no apps on it. If you knew me well, you would know how inept I am with tech. I’ve mentally kept a running total this week of miles so far this week and will run 2.2 tonight and around 1 tomorrow and 3 or so on saturday or sunday. Its been freaking hot here lately over 90 plus degrees. I will check into my fitness pal. Should total for the week around 12 miles if I don’t take any over time at work.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.