How fit are you ?

Home Forums Survival Skills How fit are you ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 58 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Darkknight 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

@boisdarc 15071 wrote:

@ Philthebiker, I have a droid and almost no apps on it. If you knew me well, you would know how inept I am with tech. I’ve mentally kept a running total this week of miles so far this week and will run 2.2 tonight and around 1 tomorrow and 3 or so on saturday or sunday. Its been freaking hot here lately over 90 plus degrees. I will check into my fitness pal. Should total for the week around 12 miles if I don’t take any over time at work.

Yeah, it’s been 85+ here every day for a while. We had some flooding yesterday, a few roads washed completely out.

yellowgate

I run mostly, but have a nagging foot injury (plantar wart) that I’m having removed in a few weeks. I was preparing to run the Chicago and Memphis marathons, and I was just going to suffer through the pain of this foot. In the end I just couldnt do it. So with that, I took a few weeks off to sulk, which you all know is pathetic. I’m back out there trying to get a decent base going on as well as add some strength training. I built a home gym to lift weights on a few years ago, but haven’t really gotten into it. I’m hoping in the next year to start some martial arts training at a school. Until then, just research some different forms, maybe teach myself some basics. Who knows…

Sharpe

I’m in Terrible shape, I eat somewhat healthy, but i drink a ton of soda, And i don’t really work out but im moving around and on my feet all day at work so i guess that counts somewhat.

Andrew

@YuriIvanov 15267 wrote:

I’m in Terrible shape, I eat somewhat healthy, but i drink a ton of soda, And i don’t really work out but im moving around and on my feet all day at work so i guess that counts somewhat.

Yea. Soda is horrible for you.

Andrew

I started going to the gym and exercising regularly again. Started about 2 weeks ago. I am sore most of the time. I like it though. Give it a month or two and I will actually be in good shape again. The rotator cuff surgery has changed the dynamics of what I am able to focus on though. I think the days of mass weights are over.

boisdarc

So far, running in the cold kind of sucks this year. I remember why I run on a treadmill when its below 60 degrees. Maybe I’m just becoming a wuss in my middle aged years.

Andrew

Went for a 3 mile run in my body armor today. It was fun. It is good to know I can run a few miles in the stuff.

Went back to the office afterwards and took a picture while I cooled down.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2499[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Andrew, it looks fairly snug on you and that’s how I prefer to wear as well. In the Army I noticed a lot of guys kept their I-vest really loose to help stay more cool but I just couldn’t see how they could stand dealing with that big floppy vest beating them up as they ran and maneuvered. Floppy vest seemed to work against established momentum but I suppose that could be a work out of it’s own.

Andrew

I can loosen it up. There are straps on each side you can loosen. You can loosen and tighten it while you are wearing it, no need to remove it. I was running though and did not want it bouncing around. If I was going to be sitting for an extended period (meeting, in a vehicle, etc.) I would loosen it up.

bigpaul

I am fairly fit for my age(retired), I cant keep up with 25 year old who say they will run 25 miles with a 50lb pack on their back but that’s not my aim, I can walk and walk all day but couldn’t run very far-flat feet !! I am fitter and healthier than a lot of people 20 years younger, I walk 3 or 4 miles each and every day with the dog and we eat healthy fresh food.. not convenience or take away rubbish.

alwayscross

Been a national athlete for a good couple of years (not gonna say what sport), on top of that I run with my weighted bag(Little heavier that my BOB) and do a shit ton of gym. So im feeling fit enough, also a little tip is to run while hungry. Im mean starving hungry, you will be doing that a lot. My last tip is if you cant do a chin up with your bag, lighten it.

otis302

If not for my dog I would do less I am sure, work around my place I am not runner or exercise like most I make my work suffice, I keep as active as I can my pack is maybe 30 lbs or so and walking through the woods over and under and at my age streching and keeping limber helps me alot

Andrew

Otis, Stretching and keeping limber is a key aspect of fitness at any age. Younger folks just tend to neglect it then they pay for it when they are older. I neglected it until my mid 30s.

Batang Z

Enough to run away from Zombies 😀

Just do some workout then make a balanced diet.

But still now… I don’t get the body i dreamed of.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.