How mutch lb is needet to crush a skull @ 100ft with a bow and Sports arrowhead

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry How mutch lb is needet to crush a skull @ 100ft with a bow and Sports arrowhead

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scavenger scavenger 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scavenger
    scavenger

Hello,first of all sry for my bad English.
    I am from Germany and we have a rediculus dump Gun law..Example Fullauto Airsofts are Illegal guns ….
    So i have to go with a Bow or Crossbow.I like Bows crossbows need to long to Reload in my eyes.
    Ttahs brings me to my question,how mutch lbs do i need to Penetrate a human scull with a arrow like this?http://www.4komma5.de/Man-Kung-30-76-cm-Fiberglaspfeil-HawkZ-r-69-mm-Schwarz

I askt in a German Survival Forum but there are onley Trolls and A**hole*.
    Hope you guy can help me and please answer as simple as possible my english is bad exept if i speak 😀 Cheers

Profile photo of PhilTheBiker
    PhilTheBiker

@scavenger 21253 wrote:

Hello,first of all sry for my bad English.
    I am from Germany and we have a rediculus dump Gun law..Example Fullauto Airsofts are Illegal guns ….
    So i have to go with a Bow or Crossbow.I like Bows crossbows need to long to Reload in my eyes.
    Ttahs brings me to my question,how mutch lbs do i need to Penetrate a human scull with a arrow like this?http://www.4komma5.de/Man-Kung-30-76-cm-Fiberglaspfeil-HawkZ-r-69-mm-Schwarz

I askt in a German Survival Forum but there are onley Trolls and A**hole*.
    Hope you guy can help me and please answer as simple as possible my english is bad exept if i speak 😀 Cheers

Probably the same as a watermelon or a cantaloupe.

A quick google search came up with some different thoughts and estimates from various sources.

Search phrase “zombie skull newtons of force”

The aluminum baseball bat is arguable one of the most popular mid-ranged weapons against zombies, and is so for good reason. An aluminum baseball bat is slightly over 3 feet in length and 33 ounces in mass. Sports stores are commonplace in cities and thus, baseball bats are plentiful and incredibly easy to gain access to should an outbreak occur. Bats are relatively light, easily handled and transported, and do not require much force to induce fatal injuries as I will demonstrate below.
    A simple fracture in the human skull can be caused by as little as 73 Newtons of force. An unrestrained adult falling to the ground can produce more than 873 Newtons, which is more than enough to fracture the skull. The upper bound of 873 Newtons converts to approximately 196.26 pounds of force required to fracture a skull. A study of a baseball bat swung at a ball produces forces averaging 4124 pounds with peak forces at 8314 pounds (20-40 times more force than necessary to fracture a skull). Even with a relatively light swing, a baseball bat can easily crush a human skull, causing tremendous brain damage, especially if aimed at weaker sections such as the temples.

scavenger

Thanks so far.But i never trust just one answer even if it is a good one.so i hope some more guys cane give me infos.Internet and thins that stand there on sites are never as usefull as a answer from a archer 🙂

Profile photo of alwayscross
    alwayscross

The LB doesn’t matter so much, the design and fps matter. Its hard to say, I will try to do some research to see what is required but there’s not much on it. To low and it wont kill, to high and you risk damaging the bolt. I remember seeing this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22qp7-XoXY . it might help.

scavenger

@alwayscross 21262 wrote:

The LB doesn’t matter so much, the design and fps matter. Its hard to say, I will try to do some research to see what is required but there’s not much on it. To low and it wont kill, to high and you risk damaging the bolt. I remember seeing this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x22qp7-XoXY . it might help.

but the LBS are part of the FPS a 9mm Woodarrow with a Sharp Field Tip has a good waight.So i well need some LBS to get FPS.But the Video is abot a Crossbow with a bit to mutch LBS to use fast.And that as a bow is onley useble for Schwarzenegger and The Rock 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.