Isreaeli Bandage

Home Forums Survival Skills Isreaeli Bandage

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  firemedic4 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

firemedic4

Got my hands on an Israeli bandage, I believe currently used by the Israeli military. Combination bandage, pressure pad and tourniquet all in one.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2679[/ATTACH]

boisdarc

Great item for the first aid kit, there is a youtube video on how to use it. I guess you could buy two, open one up and use it as a practice one, and keep another for “live”. I bought two but can’t bring myself to open one just for practice. This product plus some quickclot can save lives.

firemedic4

@boisdarc 20962 wrote:

Great item for the first aid kit, there is a youtube video on how to use it. I guess you could buy two, open one up and use it as a practice one, and keep another for “live”. I bought two but can’t bring myself to open one just for practice. This product plus some quickclot can save lives.

I believe the bandage has a clotting agent infused in the pad. Emergency Medical services are getting away from the quickclot, causes problems later.

boisdarc

Talk to almost any e.r. doc or regular doc, they dislike quickclot because it is a mess to clean out. I would rather have a doc mad about a live friend or family member having quick clot to clean out than a dead friend or family member that bled out, or is in shock from blood loss. I am not a medical expert by any stretch, but I believe there are basically two types of quickclot; the kaolin powder, and the chitin type. If someone has a shell fish allergy, the chitin type is not so good for them. I think it is basically shell fish shell material(chitin). You probably know a lot more about this than I would, I assume firemedic= fireman/medic. I went to the combat lifesaver school in the army, and for my job we do fairly basic first aid and cpr training every year, in college I took pretty much every pre-health care profession class available(from first aid, medical terminology, A. and P. , to micro. type classes). Crazy thing, *NEW* first aid and medical stuff comes out every year, especially with a good war or two, and without ongoing school/refresher classes, a lot of my knowledge has become outdated. I couldn’t believe when anatomical names (something that should be etched in stone by now) change. Hell, I think last year they found a new part in the human eye. I would like to get a line on some in-date I.V. sets, you got any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

firemedic4

@boisdarc 20969 wrote:

Talk to almost any e.r. doc or regular doc, they dislike quickclot because it is a mess to clean out. I would rather have a doc mad about a live friend or family member having quick clot to clean out than a dead friend or family member that bled out, or is in shock from blood loss. I am not a medical expert by any stretch, but I believe there are basically two types of quickclot; the kaolin powder, and the chitin type. If someone has a shell fish allergy, the chitin type is not so good for them. I think it is basically shell fish shell material(chitin). You probably know a lot more about this than I would, I assume firemedic= fireman/medic. I went to the combat lifesaver school in the army, and for my job we do fairly basic first aid and cpr training every year, in college I took pretty much every pre-health care profession class available(from first aid, medical terminology, A. and P. , to micro. type classes). Crazy thing, *NEW* first aid and medical stuff comes out every year, especially with a good war or two, and without ongoing school/refresher classes, a lot of my knowledge has become outdated. I couldn’t believe when anatomical names (something that should be etched in stone by now) change. Hell, I think last year they found a new part in the human eye. I would like to get a line on some in-date I.V. sets, you got any suggestions let me know. Thanks.

I agree, would rather have them clean it out while I was alive! That is basically the problem, leaving clotting material in the wound.
    What are you looking for in IV setups?

alwayscross

What does the actual bandage look like?

firemedic4

@alwayscross 20983 wrote:

What does the actual bandage look like?

Sort of a “Ace” bandage wrap with a pad attached and some plastic clips for tightening and securing. The pad goes on the wound.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.