Home Forums Survival Skills Krav Maga

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Andrew

So I bought a groupon for 20 Krav Maga sessions. I have been wanting to do so Krav Maga Training but have been unwilling to pay the amount the training cost (usually $150 plus per month). I am going to Burlington Krav Maga and am hoping to get started in a week or so.

Has anyone else done Krav Maga Training? If so, what did you think?

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 8069 wrote:

So I bought a groupon for 20 Krav Maga sessions. I have been wanting to do so Krav Maga Training but have been unwilling to pay the amount the training cost (usually $150 plus per month). I am going to Burlington Krav Maga and am hoping to get started in a week or so.

I’ve trained in various Martial Arts including boxing,wrestling,Muay Thai,and BJJ but have never tried Krav Maga. It always seemed interesting and would love to try it myself but don’t have any Krav Maga schools close to me. I know they say they are reality based training. I would say go for it. Any experience can be beneficial.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

MMA was always appealing to me until I seen Krav Maga. I think Krav Maga would be about the best real life combat training you could get. But I also think having capabilities in multiple combat styles is a bonus. It seems that MMA training schools are available in every mid size city these days but I haven’t came across a school for Krav Maga.

Also not sure how entry level friendly Krav Maga would be compared to others so for somebody like Julio who has that other experience it might prove more beneficial when applying Krav Maga.

JulioTheSavage

I believe anyone who trains MMA should do some training without rules in place. When I trained at Lloyd Irvin’s we did mix street defense into our curriculum. For instance instance practicing standing takedowns with a head stomp instead of following them to the ground, at the same time paying attention to your surrounding so you don’t get blind sided. I will say Krav Maga looks fun. Variety is the spice of life. You can never learn too much.

Andrew

There are not alot of Krav Maga schools because it is difficult to get certified to instruct. Because the techniques used can be catastrophic instructors are very stringent when deciding to certify someone.

JulioTheSavage

I’m just curious but have you tried out any classes Andrew? If you have, how were they?

Andrew

Sorry for not replying sooner. I missed that you asked me a questions. I have been to about 15 classes. Krav Maga itself is great but if you want it to be enjoyable you have to find a good gym / instructor. Burlington Krav Maga is great. They have a genuine community atmosphere and the classes are logically organized. I learned alot in just the few lessons I attended.

JulioTheSavage

That’s thing about top notch instructors, you learn alot in a short amount of time.

snowninja62

@andrew.anderson 8069 wrote:

ive trained in tai-chi, judo, karate, twi kwon do, (bad spelling sorry) and a vew forms of brazilian martial arts, and wushu moderate training…..but never this i cant find anywhere in the southeast U.S. that teaches it……but any form of mma will come in handy eventually 🙂

Andrew

@snowninja62 10561 wrote:

ive trained in tai-chi, judo, karate, twi kwon do, (bad spelling sorry) and a vew forms of brazilian martial arts, and wushu moderate training…..but never this i cant find anywhere in the southeast U.S. that teaches it……but any form of mma will come in handy eventually 🙂

Finding certified KM instructors is difficult. They do not certify folks easily.

JulioTheSavage

@andrew.anderson 10627 wrote:

Finding certified KM instructors is difficult. They do not certify folks easily.

Real BJJ Black belts are the same way. Who you earned your Black belt under means alot in the BJJ world. Those guys are serious.

jbragg1025

Hey Julio did you enjoy the school in Nashville

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

DCortez

Seen some good youtubes. Last time I looked into it, Houston schools were pretty scarce and locations inconvenient.

JulioTheSavage

@jbragg1025 18918 wrote:

Hey Julio did you enjoy the school in Nashville

Sorry but I think you got me confused with Andrew. I wasn’t attending any classes.

jbragg1025

You had said something about Lloyd Irvin that’s what I was talking about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.