Home Forums Survival Skills Krav Maga

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

The Lloyd Irvin’s that I used to train at is located in Camp Springs,MD. Great place with top notch training just got too expensive. But I learned a lot while training there.

boisdarc

Hey Andrew, Tekna, Dcortez, JTS and All, I’ve been absent from here for quite a while. Since I have been gone, guess what. I’ve been doing Krav once a week for a while now. My two sons and I really enjoy it. I have to say first that I don’t think it is the end all be all, but it perfectly fills a niche that needed filling. Having been a MMA JuJutsu and kickboxing guy, there was really a gap there. I’ve tried many other martial arts, escrima judo aikido taekwondo hapkido (hell, I even trained with this weird ninja guy for a minute). The instructor I go to is a true martial artist-open minded and well versed in many forms. My instructor is certified under Moshe Kats. And here is the unusual part, my instructor is a female. I am not saying women can’t be great ma instructors, I’m saying I had never seen one that I thought was a great instructor before.

Andrew

My last Krav Maga instructor was a 98 lbs female. That is the thing about Krav Maga. Size does not make a big difference.,

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@boisdarc 20016 wrote:

Hey Andrew, Tekna, Dcortez, JTS and All, I’ve been absent from here for quite a while. Since I have been gone, guess what. I’ve been doing Krav once a week for a while now. My two sons and I really enjoy it. I have to say first that I don’t think it is the end all be all, but it perfectly fills a niche that needed filling. Having been a MMA JuJutsu and kickboxing guy, there was really a gap there. I’ve tried many other martial arts, escrima judo aikido taekwondo hapkido (hell, I even trained with this weird ninja guy for a minute). The instructor I go to is a true martial artist-open minded and well versed in many forms. My instructor is certified under Moshe Kats. And here is the unusual part, my instructor is a female. I am not saying women can’t be great ma instructors, I’m saying I had never seen one that I thought was a great instructor before.

First off, thanks for stopping back by hopefully you can continue to check in every now and then.

Your Krav Maga sounds awesome and when you mentioned female instructor plus Andrew’s reply I immediately thought of this woman instructor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmW56eKVgVM

We’re planning to enroll our son in taekwondo soon. He’s 10 but did a few months of it when he was 7 before we relocated here.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.