Main Battle Rifles Pictures

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Main Battle Rifles Pictures

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Post some pictures of your main battle rifles:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]35[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]36[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37[/ATTACH]

SKS 7.62 with Folding Stock and Spike Bayonet

I’m still looking to get a more tatical AR-15 .223 in the future.

AmbientTech

that spiked bayonet could come in handy saving ammo killing zombies stabbing thru skull while not alreting the hordes

AmbientTech

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38[/ATTACH]
    i got a ak47 with ar15 kit looks something like that but without the grip and light

DCortez

I think the most common ammo is .223 (AR-15), 9mm, and maybe 7.62×39 (AK and SKS).

Something to keep in mind is how much can you carry, how much can you scavenge?

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Good point, 9mm luger ammo is probably the most common self defense pistol ammo and .223 is popularly used in both tactical and hunting rifles.

Seagrl

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77[/ATTACH]Here is our AR 15 in 5.56 caliber. He was sighting it in at 100 yards here.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@seagrl 342 wrote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77[/ATTACH]Here is our AR 15 in 5.56 caliber. He was sighting it in at 100 yards here.

Nice rifle Seagrl! What brand/manufacturer is it?

Stocker
    Participant

Hey folks,
    I didn’t find a thread for weapon accessories, and I think there’s enough threads on weapons as it is so I’ll just throw this in where I think it best fits. A squad leader I had back at Ft. Lewis was a crafty fellow like myself and recommended that I sew up some weapon slings for the squad. He provided the Nexus buckles and the Friction ties along with 100 feet of 1 inch tubular nylon. This is what was produced. A single point sling that offers the advantage of a quick release of your weapon for emergency sits and the ability to draw that weapon tight into your body. I’ve provided some pictures to illustrate what I’m talking about. I made them all using a small sewing machine. The body sling I use just walking around the FOB, and on my Body Armor I’ve simply attached a strap over my firing shoulder with the same size buckle. I like this style much better than the regular style because i don’t have to take my weapon off in order to put on a pack. Also it sickens me to think how much money these companies are making for slings with way too many straps and clips. They all just get in the way. Anyways, if you have any questions or would like some advice on making one for yourself, shoot me a message and I’ll be happy to help. Later[ATTACH=CONFIG]526[/ATTACH]

Notice that to attach the Tubular Nylon to your weapon just use some heavy duty Zip Ties.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]525[/ATTACH]

Stocker
    Participant

Almost forgot, if you go to http://www.itwnexus.com they used to ship free samples of their buckles. You could choose 6 items out of their whole inventory and each item you chose was a small package of 2. So if I chose one buckle to sample, 2 would come in the mail.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@stocker 6337 wrote:

Almost forgot, if you go to http://www.itwnexus.com they used to ship free samples of their buckles. You could choose 6 items out of their whole inventory and each item you chose was a small package of 2. So if I chose one buckle to sample, 2 would come in the mail.

Thanks for sharing this link their products could be used for a wide array of things that I think others here could make use of.

Alonso1

Oh man, I don’t know which one to choose. Maybe I could get old school on some zombies and hit them with my 45-70 Trapdoor.[ATTACH=CONFIG]529[/ATTACH]

otis302

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530[/ATTACH]
    Saiga .223 or 5.56

Stocker
    Participant

So here’s 5 of my rifles, the latest with modified forend and quadrails. Also picked up the pistol grips lastnight. Should have a mount for my Aimpoint Comp ML2 soon for my M4.

Alonso1

@stocker

That folding front sight on your AR looks like it’s pinned in place. I’m guessing it’s a Colt, if so, are there any markings on the sight? I’m trying to locate a manufacture who uses pins instead of screws. Thanks.

Stocker
    Participant

The one I got is ordered from the Colt factory direct. The front and rear sights are both folding. Sorry no markings.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]663[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.