Middle East – Tensions High Official Thread

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Middle East – Tensions High Official Thread

This topic contains 72 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  PhilTheBiker 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

This thread is going to be a sticky. I believe the Middle East has earned it’s right to get it’s own thread.

Try to post all of the things you find interesting here. I’m going to start with

Russian expert warns of possibility of large-scale war in Middle East“.

The low down is Russia thinks deploying Patriot Missile batteries to Turkey has raised the stakes, the rest of NATO sees the Patriot system as strictly a defensive weapon.

And a second one:
    Syrian rebels capture major dam on Euphrates river in country’s north, activists say” where again Turkey was near by checking things out.

and finally
    US aircraft carrier strikeforce readies in case of war with Iran

PhilTheBiker

Syria cuts internet access as well as cell phone service to the country. Interesting. I’m sure the US Government would do the same thing if they were forced to.

Syria cuts Internet nationwide

darksmith

I’m surprised to have heard less about this article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/29/us-nuclear-iran-usa-idUSBRE8AS0VS20121129

JulioTheSavage

My Brother was telling about the internet being cut off. He also showed me show seriously graphic videos that came out of there before the internet was cut. Some seriously f**ked up stuff going on there.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@juliothesavage 8971 wrote:

My Brother was telling about the internet being cut off. He also showed me show seriously graphic videos that came out of there before the internet was cut. Some seriously f**ked up stuff going on there.

Not sure how true it is but it’s I heard that not too long ago the US dropped a bunch of video cameras so people could video what’s going on there and share with the rest of the world. Obviously the freedom of the internet is a tool that can be utilized to reveal things that governments don’t want the rest of the world to know about.

As for us giving Iran deadlines and such for its nuclear program, just how long has this been going on? How many deadlines have we set in the past decade for them? We need to either do something about it or STFU!

darksmith

I think we have probably made similar comments over the years, true. However, the timing on these latest comments seems to line us up for another war in the Middle East. Obama Admin takes their military marching orders from Pentagon who takes their orders from TPTB. This is post-election, lines up with the deadlines that Israel floated a few weeks before the election, and gives the United States just enough time to get their ducks in a row after Obama’s inauguration. This will also line up with about the length of time Tim Geithner can cook the books without a debt ceiling increase, which means about the time we will need to justify a bunch more debt…

I agree that we should stop idly threatening a nation we do not intend to stop. However, it starts to feel like with Iraq and Afghanistan winding down, the real prize (Iran between these two nations on the map) is about to be attacked. Syria will fall first, then Iran, then ??

JulioTheSavage

I know people in here aren’t feeling NBC right now but they are the one providing the initial report. They are saying that Syria has chemical weapons loaded into bombs and just waiting for orders.http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/05/15706380-syria-loads-chemical-weapons-into-bombs-military-awaits-assads-order?lite

PhilTheBiker

@juliothesavage 9147 wrote:

I know people in here aren’t feeling NBC right now but they are the one providing the initial report. They are saying that Syria has chemical weapons loaded into bombs and just waiting for orders.http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/05/15706380-syria-loads-chemical-weapons-into-bombs-military-awaits-assads-order?lite

Yeah, I was reading that yesterday on my news.google.com along with Hillary coming out and warning Syria as well as Obummer.

So darn frustrating. If we do nothing then terrorists could get a hold of these weapons. If we jump in, then we have to deal with the fact that we jumped in. BUT if we LEFT ALL THESE AHOLES ALONE guess what. Terrorists would leave us alone.

Imagine living in a country bound by policies of people that have no clue of your culture or family. And then those people kill your brothers, cousins, friends, and family flying a drone over your head while they sit at a desk half a world away. When the United States walks into these countries and says “You need a democracy” and “This is how you vote” (even when our voting registration systems is screwed up). Why should we determine these countries futures?

If we keep ourselves out of these dealing we wouldn’t have people that would want to kill us. but no, idiots think it’s a great idea to continue to jump into wars and kill people.

I guarantee if some far off country did this to me you better watch out. I would sit low and wait. I might have to wait 5 or 10 years, but there would be a day I blow up your country one car bomb at a time. And we wonder why people hate us. We get into everyone elses businesses.

I realize others have a different point of view than me, and I’m ok with that. On the flip side, I hope you join me when it comes to shooting the blue helmets off the heads of foreigners that someday could come to our country.

PhilTheBiker

Look out Obama, we are up for another terrorist attack because of a movie!

http://rt.com/news/belgium-anti-muslim-film-595/

PhilTheBiker

$1 Billion in aid to Egypt heading to the Muslim Brotherhood thanks to the American Tax Payers. New fighter jets! And for whatever reason they US Government is still going to send them instead of holding on to them to see what goes on.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-world-2012-12-10-us-sending-20-more-f-16s-to-egypt-despite-turmoil-in-cairo-print/

JulioTheSavage

@philthebiker 9251 wrote:

$1 Billion in aid to Egypt heading to the Muslim Brotherhood thanks to the American Tax Payers. New fighter jets! And for whatever reason they US Government is still going to send them instead of holding on to them to see what goes on.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-world-2012-12-10-us-sending-20-more-f-16s-to-egypt-despite-turmoil-in-cairo-print/

Great I was hoping my tax money went to Eygpt. This is why I work hard everyday, yeah! GTFOH!

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Right or wrong, its not like we’re giving all that funding and military equipment for no reason at all. We’re buying them off or hoping to so that said countries will be part of coalition or even fight certain battles for us. This is just an example of diplomatic and military strategies at work.

PhilTheBiker

@teknabuzz 9256 wrote:

Right or wrong, its not like we’re giving all that funding and military equipment for no reason at all. We’re buying them off or hoping to so that said countries will be part of coalition or even fight certain battles for us. This is just an example of diplomatic and military strategies at work.

I was talking to a guy at work today about this. Former USAF guy. He said “It seems like we are paying off a blackmail”.

Who is Egypt going to help us attack as part of a coalition? Iran? doubtful. I just don’t see how they can actually ever be on our side for anyone in that region especially if the Muslim Brotherhood takes over.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@philthebiker 9259 wrote:

I was talking to a guy at work today about this. Former USAF guy. He said “It seems like we are paying off a blackmail”.

Who is Egypt going to help us attack as part of a coalition? Iran? doubtful. I just don’t see how they can actually ever be on our side for anyone in that region especially if the Muslim Brotherhood takes over.

Egypt is playing a big role in making sure the resisting forces in Syria get the job done. At this point I think there is a good chance that the anti Assad resisting forces will be supplied only adequately enough to put up a good fight before being slaughtered by the Syrian government. Chemical weapons will be used and further intervention by a coalition of NATO forces will be required and eventually we’ll be able to ensure the new Syria government goes along with continued strategy for region.

JulioTheSavage

I don’t trust Eygpt at all. They will take our money then stab us in the back. Muslim nations don’t like us. Who’s to say that some of this money doesn’t funnel into terrorist groups?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.