Minimalist Boot

Home Forums Gear & Equipment Minimalist Boot

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Andrew

I want a pair of these. I have several pairs of barefoot or minimalist shoes. I want these. I just don’t want to pay $150.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1604[/ATTACH]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Got a link? Who are they made by? They look really light weight for a combat boot, but one thing I’ve noticed by even some of the higher dollar brands the bottom sole seem to commonly tear away (more like come un-glued) from the leather at the edges. These here don’t look they have that problem cause it looks to be all bottom sole and not thin rubber overlapping the leather around the edges.

Been looking to get some decent lace up tactical style boots and would like to know more about these.

DCortez

Footwear is #1 for me. My regular Justin work boots cost $140 or so.

Andrew

@teknabuzz 14940 wrote:

Got a link? Who are they made by? They look really light weight for a combat boot, but one thing I’ve noticed by even some of the higher dollar brands the bottom sole seem to commonly tear away (more like come un-glued) from the leather at the edges. These here don’t look they have that problem cause it looks to be all bottom sole and not thin rubber overlapping the leather around the edges.

Been looking to get some decent lace up tactical style boots and would like to know more about these.

Picture in post # 1 is linked. They are minimalist (5mm drop) so if you are not used to barefoot or minimalist shoes they might not be the boot to start with unles you are goign to slowly get used to them. I wear no shoes or barefoot, minimalist or flip flops most of the time so wearing regular combat foots is really uncomfortable.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 14944 wrote:

Picture in post # 1 is linked. They are minimalist (5mm drop) so if you are not used to barefoot or minimalist shoes they might not be the boot to start with unles you are goign to slowly get used to them. I wear no shoes or barefoot, minimalist or flip flops most of the time so wearing regular combat foots is really uncomfortable.

Are there advantages to this kind of boot other than the additional comfort for those used to going barefoot and wearing flip flops? This is new to me…

Andrew

This is a good article on the subject: CHALLENGING THE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM ON BAREFOOT RUNNING FORM

It will at least get you started.

PhilTheBiker

My vajayjay hurts when I walk barefoot. So I’m going to keep using shoes 🙂

otis302

I have Bates 8 inch duty boots and they broke in right away water resistant I give $97.00 for them and they are great and then I have a pair of Winchester camo hunting boots very light and water proof from now on when I buy boots the need to be 100% water proof and by that I mean the tongue has to be attached to both sides of the inner all the way up because some companies make the material water proof not the boot if you step in water half way uo water will go in between toungue, Paying attention to your feet is so important.

Andrew

@philthebiker 14966 wrote:

My vajayjay hurts when I walk barefoot. So I’m going to keep using shoes 🙂

Your feet hurt because you feet and the accompanying stabilizer muscles are conditioned to walking in shoes with a huge heel. If you conditioned to walk in a zero drop or low drop shoe or boot your muscles would adjust. There is walue in havign your body adapted to being able to operate barefoot. Especially if you are preparing for SHTF.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 14970 wrote:

Your feet hurt because you feet and the accompanying stabilizer muscles are conditioned to walking in shoes with a huge heel. If you conditioned to walk in a zero drop or low drop shoe or boot your muscles would adjust. There is walue in havign your body adapted to being able to operate barefoot. Especially if you are preparing for SHTF.

I agree completely!

But my vajayjay still hurts if I walk barefoot 🙂

I walk around the house barefoot without a problem, but if SHTF, I’m staying right here to the end. I have water, food, and shelter. Instead of surviving I think I could thrive here. If I still lived in Baltimore, yeah, I’d be doing a lot of things different and my bug out bag and plan would be ready!

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

I’m with Phil on this, I got tender feet too but this topic is very interesting to me. I didn’t know you could condition your feet to walking around barefooted while wearing shoes I thought it was more building hard cullus on the bottom of your feet. I have hard callus on the ball of my foot at the bottom edges of my big toes and that’s it and I got those from wearing work boots all the time.

We had a relative that never, and I mean never wore shoes, never full length pants either even when it was cold outside always barefooted, cut off blue jeans and no shirt. Very much like Cody Lundin at least when it came to his feet. Working outside in central texas with cactus and mesquite thorns I swear the mans feet had to be just as tough as my leather boots.

boisdarc

I run in so called minimalist shoes, the gorun from sketchers, it has a 4mm drop and a large airy toe box, and I love them, they make my runs so much better, have never tried a minimalist boot though. So happens I’m looking for a new pair of duty boots, may give them a try or find some i can walk in the store with.

Andrew

I will try and remmeber to post up a review once they arrive and I have had a few days with them.

Andrew

These boots are are awesome. I have been wearing them for a little over 2 weeks now. They are the best boot I have worn in the last 15 years. At the end of the day it si as if I have not even been wearing a boot. They are more comfortable then a traditional running shoe, more comfortable then the Nike boot I have owned. If you have to wear shoes and cannot wear a minimalist shoe because you have to wear boots. This is the boot to wear.

boisdarc

did you order them from the site, or a distributor? total=$150?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.