My Homesteading Youtube Channel

Home Forums Homesteading My Homesteading Youtube Channel

This topic contains 100 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PhilTheBiker 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

Here is the link
    Homestead Phil – YouTube

I’m going to try to document the homesteading I do this year. We’ll see how it goes. Right now, enjoy video’s of chickens 🙂

DCortez

Aww, kitty wants to play!

Curious, did youtube put the ads on your videos or was it optional?

PhilTheBiker

@dcortez 11542 wrote:

Aww, kitty wants to play!

Curious, did youtube put the ads on your videos or was it optional?

It was optional. And I may turn it off until I get enough subscribers. I hope to someday make $100 a month off or more) simply posting what I’m up to with my garden, chickens, and soon to be rabbits. Sounds crazy, but youtube will pay.

DCortez

Just wondered. Tons of videos have them, tons don’t.

Do you get partial credit if we click after 5 seconds?

PhilTheBiker

@dcortez 11544 wrote:

Just wondered. Tons of videos have them, tons don’t.

Do you get partial credit if we click after 5 seconds?

no really sure to be honest.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

You can make money off good videos especially them how to video or product reviews.

PhilTheBiker

Just posted the latest video. I had to put the chickens in a larger pin. I could tell they had outgrown the fish tank within a week!

Homestead Phil – YouTube

PhilTheBiker

How to save a trapped chicken!

[video=youtube_share;Xxlxej99J28]http://youtu.be/Xxlxej99J28[/video]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

They might be old enough now, but when my little cousin first got his baby chickens to raise for 4H they let my daughter hold one and that baby chicken soon died. They knew it was the one she held because for 4H each chicken was tagged with a number. So I know at least initially you should minimize the amount you handle them.

DCortez

Death from above!!!

PhilTheBiker

I was worried about holding the chicks as well, but, I’ve been reading a lot that says if you don’t handle them they’ll be just wild birds. So I donno. As of today they are all still alive 🙂

I just make sure I wash my hands after I touch them. They walk in there own crap all day long, although, the cage is clean.

PhilTheBiker

Garden update!!!

PhilTheBiker

Chicken Update!!!

yes, I now have a chicken coop!

DCortez

Cool. We were at Tractor Supply Co. yesterday and checked out their selection of chicks and ducklings. We’re getting the itch.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Looks convenient with the doors right into the nesting boxes. My neighbors have a small chicken coop that is only about 4 feet tall and they have walk inside to get the eggs would probably wouldn’t be so bad if my neighbors was midgets but they’re not.

Have you told us what breed of chickens these are you got Phil? I’m not sure but just by looking at them I think my neighbors have Rhode Island Reds.

Neat trick for when your chickens get older, I learned this when I was about 8 years old. A friend of mine had chickens and one day he asked me if I knew how to hypnotize a chicken and of course I didn’t know there was such a thing. He showed me that you can pick a chicken up lay it on it’s side and using your finger draw a line in the dirt right in front of it and the chicken wouldn’t move until he made a loud clap with his hands.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.