My Homesteading Youtube Channel

Home Forums Homesteading My Homesteading Youtube Channel

This topic contains 100 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PhilTheBiker 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

They remind me of what rats look like when they are born.

PhilTheBiker

One of the babies opened up their eyes after this video

PhilTheBiker

Protecting the chickens. Got this last night, killed a opossum tonight, saw another coon about an hour ago that was a lot bigger than this one. I feel like Lee Harvey Oswald. Kitchen window is open.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2088[/ATTACH]

Andrew

@philthebiker 17654 wrote:

Protecting the chickens. Got this last night, killed a opossum tonight, saw another coon about an hour ago that was a lot bigger than this one. I feel like Lee Harvey Oswald. Kitchen window is open.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2088[/ATTACH]

Both raccoon and opossums are filthy animals. They where shot on site where I gre wup.

PhilTheBiker

Pure comedy on this latest Homestead Phil video

http://youtu.be/Jzz-j-YZJ_c

PhilTheBiker

It’s been way to long since my last Homestead Phil update. Here it is:

DCortez

@philthebiker 17756 wrote:

Pure comedy on this latest Homestead Phil video

How to catch a runaway chicken. Part 2 – YouTube

We at home gave this video eight thumbs, and ten paws, up!

Andrew

As I said earlier. That is alot of rabbits.

PhilTheBiker

Yeah, i’m not positive how many rabbits we have right now. We have 3 does and 2 bucks for breeding. I know we have 5 kits that are 2.5 weeks old. We have 4 bucks that are 14 weeks and ready for processing. Then we have 10 – 15 others that are at 9 weeks and will be ready in 5 weeks for processing.

I have two does that I have since bred back and waiting for another 10 – 14 days before they give birth again. I’m hoping for 6 – 11 rabbits per litter.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Phil,

Just as I’ve suggested to Andrew for his “Deal of the Day” thread could we get you post your future updates on our facebook page as they’re released and be sure to provide a link to this thread so they can have a source of seeing past updates.

I have to double check but I believe everything posted on our facebook page no matter which page admin post automatically gets shared on our twitter as the accounts are linked.

PhilTheBiker

My garden update!

[video=youtube_share;cficZ32LxNA]http://youtu.be/cficZ32LxNA[/video]

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Seeing as your whole backyard is one big garden are you going to try to keep track of how much you actually harvest. In the past with my little small garden I’d pick tomatoes so often to give to others I never really kept track.

PhilTheBiker

Here is a photo of where my garden is. The red line is my property line. The green lines are where I have planted. The tree at the bottom is a pear tree.

I don’t know if I’ll record my total harvest. That’s a lot of work 🙂 I will record how much I can and compare it to last year.

We will can a LOT of what we pull out of the garden. The peas I’ll probably eat right in the garden and they’ll never make it to the table. The cucumbers and green beans I’ll probably feed to the rabbits or can/give away what we don’t eat. The corn we will eat or freeze. The tomatoes, onions, peppers are all going to be for canning, whatever is left we will eat. My wife doesn’t eat a lot of veggies but she loves spaghetti sauce. The potatoes we’ll store in a cool dark place and eat them. Last year we only had about 8 sq feet of potatoes so I’m very excited to see how long these potatoes last for us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2309[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Your neighbors lives close.

PhilTheBiker

Yeah, and they have a pool 🙂 Old Vietnam vet with the pool. Great guy.

You can do a lot on 1/4 acre 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.