My Little Garden

Home Forums Homesteading My Little Garden

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Some time in late March I planted some “already growing” tomato, bell pepper, and jalapenos in my small little garden plot.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]291[/ATTACH]
    This was 3-28-2012
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]292[/ATTACH]
    3-28-12
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]293[/ATTACH]
    3-31-12
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]294[/ATTACH]
    4-29-12

The above picture I took today and 2 of the tomato plants have grown really tall and bushy with lots of small green tomatoes on them the other 2 tomato plants have stayed relatively small but still are yielding a few small tomatoes. So far I’ve picked 3 ripe red tomatoes of these plants and now the small one in the corner has one that is near ready.

The bell pepper plant is slowly growing and seems to be lingering behind in growth compared to the other plants.

My jalapeno plant is now as tall as my smallest tomato plant and has several small 1/2 inch to 1 inch jalapenos on it.

I’m still planning on adding some plants as right now only about half the plot is being used. Was thinking of doing cucumbers and maybe even some type of bean plant and squash.

00_Jackie

Love your little garden! Just goes to show you don’t need a large spot to grow some of your own food.
    Nothing like home grown tomatoes. I live for them every year! YUM!

PhilTheBiker

Looks great! I just planted some Tomatoes and some cucumbers the other week. Tomato plant was one I picked up that was already about 8 inches tall, cucumbers I’m growing from seeds. I’ll post some pictures later on! Living in Maryland the planting season doesn’t really start until Aprilish. We did have a freeze warning, but the tomato plant survived.

Very nice garden

PhilTheBiker

I picked a few tomatoes this morning. Nothing too exciting, but next year I’m going to try and grow 10 of these plants. This is the first year that I’ve tried to grow anything here. I’m still waiting on my cucumber plants to start producing something, I imagine in the next 3 weeks I’ll have something to share!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Looks nice. Manageable size.

My wife wants us to start a garden. We have plenty of room for it. It is not going to happen this summer. Maybe next.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 5517 wrote:

Looks nice. Manageable size.

My wife wants us to start a garden. We have plenty of room for it. It is not going to happen this summer. Maybe next.

I have no room for a garden. I’m using a 18inch x 18inch box for my tomato plant and a flower bed that’s 3 foot by 8 foot for my cucumber plants. I should have planted more tomato plants but I thought my wife was going to plant some flowers.

Erin

You are doing just good… And your new plan is also good for using the free area of your garden for other plants.. Cucumber, bean plant and squash is the best choice that every person have its own habits but i like yours. But for increasing plants… Don’t you think your space will get less for them…?? If i didn’t judge your garden space correctly then i am sorry.

PhilTheBiker

@erin 11960 wrote:

You are doing just good… And your new plan is also good for using the free area of your garden for other plants.. Cucumber, bean plant and squash is the best choice that every person have its own habits but i like yours. But for increasing plants… Don’t you think your space will get less for them…?? If i didn’t judge your garden space correctly then i am sorry.

Since this original post I have been expanding greatly! I moved from Maryland to Western PA. From a yard that had a 16×40 foot back yard of which maybe 20sq was available for a garden to a yard that is 1/4 acre! Check out my youtube link on my profile or follow this link to the section I’ve been posting a lot in.

http://www.zombielyptic.com/general-homesteading/1664-my-homesteading-youtube-channel.html

And welcome to the forum!!!

Erin

Thank you PhilTheBiker.

Erin

@erin 11960 wrote:

pest control Brisbane

James 007

Well i am doing Gardening business and i grew every kind of flowers and seeds in my garden i have a big plant for this which also includes as my asset.
    I like gardening and i am doing this business from many years and getting profit from this gardening i deals in all kind of gardening accessories for homes offices and outdoors gardening planting

James 007

@James 007 17736 wrote:

Well i am doing Gardening business and i grew every kind of flowers and seeds in my garden i have a big plant for this which also includes as my asset.
    I like gardening and i am doing this business from many years and getting profit from this gardening i deals in all kind of gardening accessories for homes offices and outdoors gardening planting

Well Sorry actually i forgot to said that anybody have some more information about Landscaping supplies please share here for the other users …

Andrew

New Zeland is a bit of a ways away from me to buy garden supplies. Some of our NZ member might be interested though

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.