My Water Safe

Home Forums Gear & Equipment My Water Safe

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  vbreferee 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

PhilTheBiker

@vbreferee 3389 wrote:

Well I finally received the Water Safe. It took a week for it to ship. It is packed in a sturdy plastic bag which takes no more room than a bath towel, maybe 2′ x 3′. I comes with a siphon, so there is no need to get an additional one. The Water Safe itself is about 4′ x 6′. It fits into a normal size tub easily.

To fill it you affix a sleeve to the spigot in the tub. It is supposed to tie on like a shoelace, but that didn’t work for me. Holding the sleeve in place it took about 20 minutes for the Water Safe to fill. It held water fine. I tied off the sleeve as directed. Now the fun starts. The Safe has a threaded spout with a cap. You take the cap off to insert the siphon which is also threaded. When you make the change you lose a fair amount of water.

Now the fun starts. The siphon was pretty useless. Getting the water out is a real challenge. I guess the siphon/pump which is all plastic could be modified by adding a longer hose. The hose that comes with it is way to short. If I was going to rely on this I would definitely have to find another methood of getting water out.

All in all it is a good way to store water, and it takes up no space when not in use. It holds 65 gallons, so it is better than a drum. Be prepared for a battle when you try to get your water back out.

Thanks for the review. No pictures 😀

I always figured it would be a pain to get water out. with my luck my cat would jump in it and have fun with her claws.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@vbreferee 3389 wrote:

Well I finally received the Water Safe. It took a week for it to ship. It is packed in a sturdy plastic bag which takes no more room than a bath towel, maybe 2′ x 3′. I comes with a siphon, so there is no need to get an additional one. The Water Safe itself is about 4′ x 6′. It fits into a normal size tub easily.

To fill it you affix a sleeve to the spigot in the tub. It is supposed to tie on like a shoelace, but that didn’t work for me. Holding the sleeve in place it took about 20 minutes for the Water Safe to fill. It held water fine. I tied off the sleeve as directed. Now the fun starts. The Safe has a threaded spout with a cap. You take the cap off to insert the siphon which is also threaded. When you make the change you lose a fair amount of water.

Now the fun starts. The siphon was pretty useless. Getting the water out is a real challenge. I guess the siphon/pump which is all plastic could be modified by adding a longer hose. The hose that comes with it is way to short. If I was going to rely on this I would definitely have to find another methood of getting water out.

All in all it is a good way to store water, and it takes up no space when not in use. It holds 65 gallons, so it is better than a drum. Be prepared for a battle when you try to get your water back out.

Thanks for sharing this good review.

Bud

The bleach will permeate and spread thru out the bladder and should be safe for a few months but it will have a bleach smell and taste. If you were to pull the water you wanted out of the bladder and let it sit out for an hour or so the bleach smell and taste will dissipate. If you do plan to test or use bleach in the future please only use plain bleach not the no drip or anything with odors or softeners etc added.

vbreferee

Go to http://www.cheaperthandirt.com, and look at the water section. This will give you some good pics, and is much cheaper than the one I bought. If you receive their catalog it is on page 69 of the newest catalog April 2012.

Bud

Once you have the siphon hose on the bladder couldn’t you push down on the bladder to force the water through the hose?

sickboy

I agree with vbreferee- check out CTD. They have some good products at great prices (and no, I don’t work for them- just know a good price when I see it!).

Sharpe

Ah yeah I remember the Episode of Doomsday Preppers this was on, Wasn’t it that New York Firefighter, who thinks that the Yellow Stone National Park is going to become a “Super Volcano”

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.