New to the site. Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic New to the site. Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SplitArrow 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SplitArrow

Hello all I’m new to the site and thought I would join after reading a few threads.

I’m a survival enthusiast and enjoy camping, fishing, and hunting. I am also into archery and target shooting as well and know my way around bows and guns extensively. I am not into the whole prepper aspect but I believe in being ready at all times in case the need arises, so with that being said I usually keep a bug out bag handy which I use primarily for when I take my family camping.

I grew up in a hunting family and my father would take us out for week ling trips into the wilderness to camp and live off the land. Now that I’m older and have a family of my own I have been working to show my daughter the same values I learned when I was a kid from my father.

I enjoy hunting whitetail in bow and rifle season and when the weather is warmer riding my motorcycle and going to lake to fish.

Anyway, that is a little about me and what I like.

DCortez

Heya and welcome from Texas!

I view prepping the same way I view saving for retirement. No idea if I’ll ever see 50, 60, 70, 80, or 90, but doesn’t hurt to be ready.

Andrew

Welcome to the community. It sounds like you have a lot of experience from which to draw, and hopefully share, some great advice.

JulioTheSavage

Hello and welcome! From Maryland

boisdarc

Welcome to the site from Illinois. I’m catching what you’re throwing down about “prepping” or at least “TV prepping”, preparing for hard times or emergency is practical, and what a responsible parent/gaurdian should do, kind of like having at least a few dollars saved back at all times. “Prepping” like the weirdos on tv, is pure douche baggery, and a lame attempt at being subculture-ish. Some times I wish those people would get tattoos piercing and join some other subculture. Unfortunately every time you go to a second amendment rally or similar event, there is a moron there dressed in fatigues with a hat that says “you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold fingers” or some such, and guess who the reporter is going to talk to – yeah that dude, not the guy dressed conservatively that is an informed voter with a career, family, and life.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.