Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

This topic contains 794 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 795 total)
  • Author

Andrew

Many of the forums I frequent have a thread where you can post useless banter and whatever other info, images, articles or whatever you want to share. Posts vary from links, images, articles, video and other stuff that members want to share but that the member does not believe warrants it’s own forum or it does not fit in any other forum. The thread act as as a ‘catch all’ for that stuff as well as random chat. It tends to provide a place for all the above mention stuff which help to keep the rest of the forum clean of misposts and other randomness.

I am creating this thread as a n attempt to create just such a place on this forum.

Andrew

I will start off my posting an interesting image and article I saw this morning that, while interesting, does not really warrant it’s own thread.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]647[/ATTACH]
    http://thehackernews.com/2012/10/warning-zombies-ahead-road-sign-board.html

azurevirus

I like that sign

PhilTheBiker

I wonder if that sign was near Washington DC 🙂

JulioTheSavage

Funny that you posted that cause I saw this video earlier today. I believe it’s a recent attack in China. Warning: It’s a little graphic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGS3Pw91uY

PhilTheBiker

See, there are crazy people in every country 🙂

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Without knowing any real details but a 70yr old man attacking a 20 yr old guy I’m going to assume the 20 yr old guy got what he deserved.

I hope I still kick some 20 yr old butt when I 70.

ICF_Hooligan

i can’t believe people just stand back and let shit happen ( and video it, too!)… one way or the other I’m in the middle of that scenario…

JulioTheSavage

@icf_hooligan 7279 wrote:

i can’t believe people just stand back and let shit happen ( and video it, too!)… one way or the other I’m in the middle of that scenario…

I was telling my brother the same thing earlier. I couldn’t just stand there a let someone just chow down on someone else. But if it was a real Zombie and your not family or friend, adios. Couldn’t risk getting bit.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@icf_hooligan 7279 wrote:

Well in this case the person recording the video most likely only had youtube on his mind but in some cases the video recording helps with criminal prosecution.

As far as getting involved, people are concerned with blood borne pathogens and they rightfully should be.

PhilTheBiker

Pretty sure people in China are scared to get involved because they are scared of the government. In China you af guilty, if you get involved to stop the guy and the police show up and see blood on you, you are one step closer to a bullet in your head with the bill sent to your family. That’s my guess as to why people stayed out of it, fear of the government.

JulioTheSavage

Check these dogs out. Looks like a scary situation.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3RYh98GME

Stocker
    Participant

They’re just making noise, he should’ve just kept riding. You can see the guys that walk up at the end are looking at him like “what’s the deal?”.

JulioTheSavage

@stocker 7421 wrote:

They’re just making noise, he should’ve just kept riding. You can see the guys that walk up at the end are looking at him like “what’s the deal?”.

Very possible they were just making noise but they are bred to protect. There has been attacks by sheepdogs on people mountain biking before. They might have let him pass or give chase, don’t always know. I know if someone were passing through my yard my 170 AB wouldn’t let anyone pass unless I say so.

ICF_Hooligan

i actually had to take a dog out once. on the bike, going down a thin dirt road to look at a property. big ugly junkyard dog came out to greet me. couldn’t turn my monster bike around or really back it out. dog kept circling wide and went behind a small shed. i thought “here it comes…” so i spun bike around into wet grass field and it went down. and right on cue that big ugly f*ck came charging. luckily i had the Davis on the side, 5 hits kept me from being the new flavor of Alpo…

not a big fan of trusting dogs bigger than me…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.