Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

This topic contains 794 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  TeknaBuzz 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 795 total)
  • Author

JulioTheSavage

@icf_hooligan 7432 wrote:

i actually had to take a dog out once. on the bike, going down a thin dirt road to look at a property. big ugly junkyard dog came out to greet me. couldn’t turn my monster bike around or really back it out. dog kept circling wide and went behind a small shed. i thought “here it comes…” so i spun bike around into wet grass field and it went down. and right on cue that big ugly f*ck came charging. luckily i had the Davis on the side, 5 hits kept me from being the new flavor of Alpo…

not a big fan of trusting dogs bigger than me…

It’s really the owners fault. He should have control of his dog.

ICF_Hooligan

@juliothesavage 7433 wrote:

It’s really the owners fault. He should have control of his dog.

exactly… letting a badass dog run free to be the “protector” of the property doesn’t fair well when the real big dog shows up… i see this kind of crap everywhere these days

JulioTheSavage

@icf_hooligan 7450 wrote:

exactly… letting a badass dog run free to be the “protector” of the property doesn’t fair well when the real big dog shows up… i see this kind of crap everywhere these days

True a dog won’t work all the time but they are a great determent. I live next to my shop and we have dogs to help keep people out of the property. My AB( which passed away) and my brothers Presa do a great job of keeping people on the other side of the fence. But they do not cross the fence off leash and we have beware of dog signs posted also. People need to be responsible for their dogs. At the end if the day they are just one line of defense.

Andrew

@juliothesavage 7270 wrote:

Funny that you posted that cause I saw this video earlier today. I believe it’s a recent attack in China. Warning: It’s a little graphic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eGS3Pw91uY

That is creepily disturbing.

JulioTheSavage

My wife didn’t want to watch it. I told her you better acclimate yourself to this type of thing in case the Zombies come,:)

Andrew

Watching Hoodwinked with the wife and kids. I know that it has nothing to do with Zombies so it is way off topic 🙂
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]670[/ATTACH]

BTW, I actually first watched this in Kuwait back in 2005 before I had the kids. It is entertaining.

JulioTheSavage

There are some pretty good “kids” movies out there. I enjoyed HOODWINKED myself. Check out Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole. It’s a pretty good movie. The visuals when they’re flying are nice.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]671[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Thanks. Haven’t seen that one. Will have to check it out.

Andrew

We got tired of adds so we went and rented the Princess and the Frog instead. I really don’t like adds and my wife hates them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH]

Andrew

BTW, is anyone on here an AK expert? I am looking to buy one and would like a professional opinion. I have read forums and done online research…but would rather get input from someone i can have a dialog with.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 7493 wrote:

BTW, is anyone on here an AK expert? I am looking to buy one and would like a professional opinion. I have read forums and done online research…but would rather get input from someone i can have a dialog with.

I’ve been working all afternoon creating and re-organizing the forum categories to hopefully be more helpful to those seeking information. I’d suggest making a new thread in the rifle section of the forums with your questions here: http://www.zombielyptic.com/forumdisplay.php?34-Rifles BTW, I find Alonso to be a really knowledgeable guy in regards to rifles and I’m sure he’ll chime in to the best of his ability.

Andrew

@teknabuzz 7498 wrote:

I’ve been working all afternoon creating and re-organizing the forum categories to hopefully be more helpful to those seeking information. I’d suggest making a new thread in the rifle section of the forums with your questions here: http://www.zombielyptic.com/forumdisplay.php?34-Rifles BTW, I find Alonso to be a really knowledgeable guy in regards to rifles and I’m sure he’ll chime in to the best of his ability.

Thanks. I will contact him.

Andrew

Has anyone competed in any of these obstacle runs? Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Rugged Maniac, etc.?

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@andrew.anderson 7585 wrote:

Has anyone competed in any of these obstacle runs? Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Rugged Maniac, etc.?

No don’t know much about the others but the tough mudder would be cool to do and I am interested in that Pecos Texas Run & Gun event that Alonso has shared with us.

Andrew

The event looks cool. I am not going to Texas just to compete.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.