Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

Home Forums General/Random/Off Topic Off Fopic thread in the Off Topic Forum (Talk about anything or nothing)

This topic contains 794 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TeknaBuzz TeknaBuzz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 795 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alwayscross
    alwayscross

Don’t watch this if you don’t like gore, but I found this really useful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8OyexZ10E

Profile photo of andrew.anderson
    andrew.anderson

@alwayscross 21168 wrote:

Don’t watch this if you don’t like gore, but I found this really useful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8OyexZ10E

There are alot of good vids out there on skinning rabbits, squirrels and other small game. There is actually a topic on here dedicated to just that (Skinning and dressing squirrel and similar game)

andrew.anderson

@philthebiker 21167 wrote:

My wifes father reloaded some 30-06 for me for hunting. I have an RCBS with various caliber dies. I have not physically used it to reload yet, but I’m ready to learn 🙂 When I was in Arizona a few months back my friend showed me how to reload. We spent hours reloading 9mm and 38. So I know the basics!

I am envious. I have alot I need to do career wise in the next year plus I am learning to mill lower receivers and build our Ar style rifles and refinish gun stocks so I can’t take on learning another new skill. Maybe in 2015.

Profile photo of PhilTheBiker
    PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 21172 wrote:

I am envious. I have alot I need to do career wise in the next year plus I am learning to mill lower receivers and build our Ar style rifles and refinish gun stocks so I can’t take on learning another new skill. Maybe in 2015.

Just use a jig and a $50 drill press from harbor freight. Make sure to drill the holes for the pins that hold the trigger last, that way they are tight.

andrew.anderson

@philthebiker 21177 wrote:

Just use a jig and a $50 drill press from harbor freight. Make sure to drill the holes for the pins that hold the trigger last, that way they are tight.

You are referring to the 80% lower I assume. I technically know what you are supposed to do. I have the JIG, a Drill Press, a cross slide drill press vice, a Hand Drill, Multiple end mills and a dremel. I just over prepare for everything and I want to ensure I do not screw it up and can efficiently and effectively reproduce the process I use to mill them.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 21181 wrote:

You are referring to the 80% lower I assume. I technically know what you are supposed to do. I have the JIG, a Drill Press, a cross slide drill press vice, a Hand Drill, Multiple end mills and a dremel. I just over prepare for everything and I want to ensure I do not screw it up and can efficiently and effectively reproduce the process I use to mill them.

yes, 80% lower. It’s not hard, just time consuming and you need to take your time. You can probably knock out an 80% lower in 2 – 5 hours your first time.

andrew.anderson

And it is their first ruling of the year. I bet there are folks there that have been excited to release this.

Glad I have a drill press, cross slide vice and some end mills.

[ATTACH]2716[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 21204 wrote:

And it is their first ruling of the year. I bet there are folks there that have been excited to release this.

Glad I have a drill press, cross slide vice and some end mills.

[ATTACH]2716[/ATTACH]

It has always been clear that if you build a gun, you must be the one to build it. You can not have someone help you. Even taken in an 80% lower that you have completed and asking someone else to install the trigger assembly (even if all you need to do is drop it in and put in the pins) you may not.

What is interesting is they are basically saying you can’t rent the use of a machine to make your gun. I.E. essentially making it illegal to rent a 3D printer (or CNC machine) to make a gun. You must own the 3D printer (or CNC machine) to make your gun.

andrew.anderson

You’re right that is what they’re saying they’re basically saying you can’t go to somebody else’s FFL or weapon manufacturing business and use their equipment.

I did not see where specifically addressed using equipment belonging to others unless they were a FFL.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 21215 wrote:

You’re right that is what they’re saying they’re basically saying you can’t go to somebody else’s FFL or weapon manufacturing business and use their equipment.

I did not see where specifically addressed using equipment belonging to others unless they were a FFL.

Not sure. My guess is they just don’t want you using anyone elses equipment for any type of assistance.

Because it wouldn’t be that hard for a CNC machine or a 3D printer to say “Click that button, click that button, upload the program.. good job… now open the lid, place this part inside, close the lid, click that button” and poof, you are done. Maybe that doesn’t apply to the use of 3D printers or CNC machines that are owned by someone other than an FFL holder. I’m not sure.

PhilTheBiker

I’m not from Texas but have rooted for the Cowboys since I was a kid. The call was a BAD call by the refs.

Clearly the ball was caught. He had possession from his right hand and then transitioned the ball to his left hand. He reached for the goal line. If the ball would have broken the plane I’m sure they would have called it a touchdown, but instead the ground caused him to bobble the football. But, if you look at the video his RIGHT elbow was down on the ground before the ball hit the ground. He was down by contact at that point, nothing else matters.

I am NOT happy right now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2720[/ATTACH]

PhilTheBiker

I would love to have this design on my Glock!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2724[/ATTACH]

Profile photo of alwayscross
    alwayscross

@philthebiker 21247 wrote:

I would love to have this design on my Glock!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2724[/ATTACH]

It looks like urban grey camo to me, my friend has a very similar colour done on his rifle but ive never seen it done like that.

andrew.anderson

SO the forum is back up and functional…in it’s third guise 🙂

Profile photo of TeknaBuzz
    TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

This has been a work in progress for me for quite some time. I didn’t want to make a forum platform the highlight of content but to transition to more informative articles. I wish to provide a resource for those who want to prepare that isn’t giving misguided information just to profit. That’s a major flaw I see with a lot of the survival/preparedness resources is that they’re marketing products without true merit.

Thanks for visiting and your support Andrew.

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.