Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

This topic contains 47 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ICF_Hooligan 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

ICF_Hooligan

What is your opinion on open carry vs concealed? Open carry is a beautiful concept, no license, 2nd amendment, police don’t understand the law etc… However, I’m more of a CCW guy, don’t mind showing my card if i need to…

As for the poll, did you open carry or concealed?

Stocker
    Participant

Up here in Alaska the law is Open Carry, however if I were to walk down in Anchorage with my firearm in plain site I’m sure I would get more attention than I really wanted. I’m sure in the smaller towns of AK that’s not the case.

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

Open carry is great but I’m not sure I’d partake in it in a urban environment unless it became somewhat normal to do so. Might be okay in my small town grocery store but to go the mall in Houston probably not. But the again I imagine if passed into law eventually it’d become more common to see others exercising their freedom to do so. Seems to me law enforcement would also feel safer if they knew you was armed instead of asking to find out.

PhilTheBiker

In Maryland I have neither. I’m up visiting in PA and I could open carry but open carry ends when you get in a vehicle and the you need to lock up the firearm for transport or have a permit to carry. That’s my understanding. When I finally do get moved I plan on concealed carry.

Andrew

I conceal carry most of the time I am out and about. Many places I go I cannot carry (post office, any place that charges admission, schools, etc.).

Alonso1

I conceal carry and if I had the choice I would still conceal carry. I don’t want strangers to know I’m packing.

otis302

My thoughts exactly there is no benefit to open carry some idiot could come up behind you and snatch it.

Andrew

Here are pictures of my two conceal carry guns. the Glock 27 is a bit bulky at times and I would rather have the Ruger LCP then have no gun at all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]796[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Holster for the 3″ 1911 came today. I will carry it this evening when we go out. Pictures and review coming soon.

ICF_Hooligan

Davis 32 is a nice small concealable…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]798[/ATTACH]

Andrew

Do you have one of those?

ICF_Hooligan

yeah, it performs pretty well

Andrew

@icf_hooligan 8719 wrote:

yeah, it performs pretty well

How do you carry it usually?

ICF_Hooligan

small holster inside waistband right above my junk

hillfolk

I feel like concealed carry would be a more practical situation unless you are outside of town. If you’re living in a rural location or are camping open carry is the way to go. I’ve open carried in these situations, but never in town. I don’t think it’s worth the hassle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.