Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

Home Forums Firearms & Weaponry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

This topic contains 47 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ICF_Hooligan 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Andrew

If you do legally carry concealed or are looking to do so here is a good article you should read: COMMITMENT TO CARRY

Andrew

Here is another article that is full of good conceal carry advice: PACKING SENSIBLY

PhilTheBiker

@icf_hooligan 8728 wrote:

small holster inside waistband right above my junk

braver than me!

Andrew

@philthebiker 9429 wrote:

braver than me!

That is only a danger if you do not safely handle the firearm.

PhilTheBiker

@andrew.anderson 9431 wrote:

That is only a danger if you do not safely handle the firearm.

Yes I agree. I don’t plan on ever having a Plaxico Burress moment.

Nor do I ever want to be around a guy like this
    http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourallekiskivalley/yourallekiskivalleymore/3165103-74/peck-lang-shot#axzz2Fbukrbam

Once parked at the gas station, Peck opened the truck‘s rear passenger door and pulled one of the rifles by its sling, Puhala testified. The rifle apparently got caught on something and when Peck pulled harder, the gun fired.
    Peck told Puhala that Lang was standing outside the closed rear driver‘s side door and Peck heard him shout he had been shot in the groin.
    Puhala said the victim already had been transported to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh when he arrived.
    Fawn Officer Erik Bergstrom testified Lang was leaning against the outside of the gas station‘s convenience store and Peck was helping to apply pressure to the wound when Bergstrom and paramedics arrived shortly after the 911 call.
    Bergstrom said Peck was distraught and covered in blood. Bergstrom indicated Lang‘s wound was believed to be serious and possibly life-threatening.
    “He was shot in the groin,”

Andrew

@philthebiker 9437 wrote:

Nor do I ever want to be around a guy like this
    http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourallekiskivalley/yourallekiskivalleymore/3165103-74/peck-lang-shot#axzz2Fbukrbam

It is not Mr Pecks fault. Clearly if guns where outlawed this gun never would have shot Mr Puhala.

Stocker
    Participant

Exactly, and what was he doing standing there anyway?

PhilTheBiker

I now am legally able to carry in some 29 states. Thank you PA for being friendly to gun owners! And yes, Texas is one of those states 🙂

TeknaBuzz
    Keymaster

@philthebiker 12415 wrote:

I now am legally able to carry in some 29 states. Thank you PA for being friendly to gun owners! And yes, Texas is one of those states 🙂

Congrats Phil, I’m happy for you. You carry a Glock don’t you? Have you found a choice of holster? I really like the sport holsters made by glock and they’re really cheap about $15 or so, the only thing is you might had to take a knife and cut a small plastic tab for it to fit a normal size belt but doing so really don’t effect the integrity of it.

Andrew

I have several glock holsters. the one I use 90% of the time is the MIC holster from Glocktech.

PhilTheBiker

@teknabuzz 12416 wrote:

Congrats Phil, I’m happy for you. You carry a Glock don’t you? Have you found a choice of holster? I really like the sport holsters made by glock and they’re really cheap about $15 or so, the only thing is you might had to take a knife and cut a small plastic tab for it to fit a normal size belt but doing so really don’t effect the integrity of it.

I found a holster, I’m trying it out. I’ll take pictures. Glock 17 sure is large to carry. I might carry my wifes Glock 26 till she gets her license. The holster I found is IWB and OWB and holds an additional magazine. So 17+1 and another 17. Hope I never need to use it. I will be carrying everyday and I pray I never need to use it. PA has open carry and there was already one day when I was OWB that I was about half a second from drawing at a charging dog. I’m happy the dog stopped because I didn’t want to put down a dog in the new neighborhood.

Andrew

@philthebiker 12424 wrote:

I found a holster, I’m trying it out. I’ll take pictures. Glock 17 sure is large to carry. I might carry my wifes Glock 26 till she gets her license. The holster I found is IWB and OWB and holds an additional magazine. So 17+1 and another 17. Hope I never need to use it. I will be carrying everyday and I pray I never need to use it. PA has open carry and there was already one day when I was OWB that I was about half a second from drawing at a charging dog. I’m happy the dog stopped because I didn’t want to put down a dog in the new neighborhood.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of both your holster choice and your gun. I have a G22 and a G27. Same size as the G17 and G26 but in 40 S&W. I can comfortably carry the G22 IWB with the MIC holster and the G27 I almost forget about with the MIC. It has no provision for addition magazines so I carry those on the other hip in a leather Santis single mag holster.

I hope you find a carry option you are satisfied with.

PhilTheBiker

G17 in holster. I’m still debating if I like the holster. Now that I have a license I’ll carry more than just in my yard. I’m still trying to figure out the retaining strap near the handle. The directions where weak.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1258[/ATTACH]

Andrew

I had a similar holster with one of my 1911s in the early 2000s. It was good for opencarry when I would not have a need to have quick access to the gun.

Left4Dad

concealed carry is discrete carry. The bad guy shouldn’t know you have a gun until there’s two inches of flame coming out the barrel.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.